SoundCloud is one of the most popular streaming and audio sharing platforms in the world. It’s available on the web and as a mobile phone app, so you’re always connected to your music. However, if you are trying to try other platforms like SoundCloud and want to delete your SoundCloud account, then you can’t do it from the Android or iPhone app, as this option is only available on the website starting now.
Even if you exit the SoundCloud app and uninstall it from your phone, it won’t help, since your account is still active. To permanently deactivate your account, you can follow this tutorial.
Delete your SoundCloud account
Because this is not available in the mobile app, you need a computer to do the work. However, if you do not currently have access to a computer, you can also follow the steps shown here from a browser on your Android or iPhone.
Note: If you want to follow these steps in your phone’s browser, make sure you enable desktop mode in the browser first.
- Open the browser and visit the SoundCloud website. Then log in to your account.
- Log in via Facebook or Gmail, whatever method you used when creating the account.
- Then, on the home page, click on the three-point icon in the upper right corner. Select Settings from the menu.
- On the settings page, scroll down and select the Delete account option to permanently deactivate the SoundCloud account.
- Now, choose a reason for deleting your account. You can choose more than one option or you can also give personalized comments. Once you’ve indicated the appropriate reason, select the Yes box, I want to delete my account and all my clues, comments and statistics at the bottom. And then click the Delete my account
- On the next page, click OK, got it to complete the deactivation process.
With this, you have deleted your SoundCloud account. However, if you have registered via Facebook, deleting the SoundCloud website account is not enough, you must also delete it from Facebook. This will ensure that the app or website that you no longer use no longer requires your private information on Facebook.
Also Read: How To Shake Device To Turn On Flashlight On Android [Without Root]
Remove SoundCloud From Facebook
- Open the Facebook website in your browser and go to Settings by clicking on the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner.
- Now on the left side of the screen, search for and select Apps and Websites.
- In Active Apps and Websites, select SoundCloud and click the Remove
- A pop-up window will appear. Check the box that says also delete all posts, photos, and videos on Facebook that SoundCloud has posted on your behalf. And then click
- On the next tab, click Done to complete the process.
Now you have completely removed your SoundCloud from Facebook.
How to restore your SoundCloud account?
In accordance with the SoundCloud data policy which follows the German data protection laws, states that they must completely delete the data when requested by a registered user. This means that if you delete your account, all your data will be deleted. However, the Company grants you a short period of time, in which you can request the reactivation of your account if it is by mistake or by another person.
For this, you can file a ticket in SoundCloud and ask the support team to restore your account. After reviewing your question, you will be informed if they can recover your account or not. If your account is restored, all the data associated with it may not be completely recoverable.
In the event that you have canceled your account a few weeks ago, there is no possibility of reactivation. In that case, you’ll need to create a new SoundCloud account.
It is quite easy to deactivate your SoundCloud account, right? However, if your account has been deleted by mistake or has been hacked. You must immediately send an email to SoundCloud to request the account reactivation. Or, otherwise, your data will be completely deleted from your database. We will be happy to help you delete your SoundCloud account. If the tutorial was useful, share it with others.