A serial number is a string of characters or a unique number that is assigned to a product. In the case of Apple devices, it helps identify or distinguish other similar products. This unique number finds its usefulness in determining the warranty support of a product or other requests for technical support.
In today’s post, we’ll talk about how to find the serial number of Apple devices or how to check the Apple serial number.
How to check the serial number of Apple devices
First, a serial number can only include numbers or can be alphanumeric (with letters and numbers). However, they exclude the letter “O” to avoid confusion with the number “0”.
Depending on the manufacturer’s preferences, you can find a serial number printed on the bottom of an electronic device or on the back of it. Similarly, the number can be printed in black on a white label or engraved on the hardware itself.
Also Read: How To Install iOS 13.1 Beta 3 OTA Update Without Developer Account Right Now
How to verify the Apple serial number using the original package
The easiest way to find an Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch serial number is to look at the original packaging of your device? Find the serial number and the IMEI / MEID on the barcode. Also, check the back of the device. Other ways to find it is through.
Find the serial number of your iPhone and iPad using iTunes
- Connect your iOS device (iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch) to your computer and open iTunes.
- Next, locate the device and click on the Summary tab to view the information.
- To find the iPhone serial number, click on Phone Number to find the IMEI / MEID and ICCID.
- To find the serial number of the iPad (cellular model), click on Serial Number to find CDN, IMEI / MEID and ICCID.
Alternatively, if you do not have the device with you, you can check the IMEI / MEID number. For this,
- Go to your Apple ID account page (appleid.apple.com) in a web browser on your computer.
- Log in with the Apple ID you use on the device, you need the serial number or IMEI / MEID.
- Then scroll to the section of Devices.
Here, to check the serial number and IMEI / MEID of the device, select that device. Now, if your device is running iOS 10.3 or later, choose Settings => [Your Name]. Scroll down to see all the devices that have signed in with your Apple ID.
Now, to see the serial number and IMEI/MEID, tap the device name.
How to find the Apple Watch serial number
If you are looking for the serial number of your Apple Watch, open the Settings app.
- Then tap General => About.
- Scroll down to find the serial number or IMEI.
- If you don’t have your Apple Watch, you can instead use your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap the My Watch tab, and then tap General => About.
- Search for the serial number or IMEI.
Find the AirPods serial number
If you don’t know, each AirPod box has a unique printed serial number. You can find it easily by opening the lid (inside the lid). However, the number is printed in small print and can be difficult to read. If you don’t find it clearly visible, try using your iPhone’s camera to capture the number and enlarge the serial number.
Alternatively, you can choose to get the settings app number on your iPhone or iPad. That’s how.
- Connect your AirPods to your iPhone or iPad using a Bluetooth connection.
- Now, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and go to General => Information.
- Then, tap on AirPods at the bottom of the screen to see the serial number.
- Find the serial number of a HomePod
- The HomePod serial number is located at the bottom. Similarly, you can also find it via “Home App” and “iCloud Settings”
How to check the Apple serial number via the Home app
- Open the Home app on your iOS or Mac device.
- Locate “HomePod” on your device and double-click on the option.
- Then select Settings and scroll down to find the serial number.
Similarly, to check the same via iCloud settings, go to Settings => Select your name and scroll down to find the “HomePod” option. Tap to see the serial number.
Serial numbers help manufacturers to keep track of their products. Moreover, it also helps with quality control in multiple locations and times.
It is very easy to find the Apple serial number lookup to find the serial number of your Apple device.