The name Facebook hardly needs an introduction actually. It is the most famous social media website in the world. Facebook is actually the only place where you can find active accounts belonging to folks aged 8 to 80. People from many walks of life are drawn towards Facebook because it has relatable content for everyone. What started as a simple website in order to connect and catch up with your long-lost school friends or also distant cousins has evolved into a living, breathing worldwide community as well. Facebook has been successful in demonstrating how powerful social media and influential social media are. It has given a platform to so many talented artists, musicians, dancers, comedians, actors, as well. and orchestrated their rise to stardom too. In this article, we are going to talk about Fix Facebook Home Page Won’t Load Properly. Let’s begin!
Facebook has been a key factor in building a global community as well. That basically comes forward in order to aid one another at times of distress. Each and every day people get to learn something new or find someone they had long given up hopes of seeing again as well. In addition to all these great things Facebook has managed to achieve, it is also a really great place to be for your daily dose of entertainment as well. There is hardly anyone in this world who has never used Facebook actually. But, just like every other app or website, Facebook can also malfunction at times. A really common problem is that Facebook’s home page won’t load properly.
Fix Facebook Home Page Won’t Load Properly
Clear Cache, Cookies, and Browsing Data
Most of the time old cache files, cookies, and browsing history can actually cause problems while loading websites. These old files collected over time pile up and mostly get corrupted. As a result, it interferes along with the normal functioning of the browser. Whenever you guys feel that your browser is getting slow and pages aren’t loading properly as well. Then you have to clear your browsing data. Follow the steps given below in order to see how:
- First of all, just open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Now click on the menu button and choose More tools from the drop-down menu.
- After that, tap on the Clear browsing data option.
- Under the time range, choose the All-time option and click on the Clear Data button.
- Now just check if the Facebook home page is loading properly or not actually.
Change the HTTP://
You have to replace the HTTP:// with HTTPS:// at the start of the Facebook URL. It will then take more time, however, the page should load properly.
Check Time settings
The date and time on your computer play a really important role when browsing the internet. If the date and time displayed on your PC are incorrect, then it might lead to different kinds of problems as well. Facebook’s home page not loading properly is definitely one of them actually. Make sure that you double-check the date and time on your computer before even processing along with the other solutions.
Well, an old and outdated version of the browser might be the reason behind Facebook not working actually. Facebook is a constantly evolving website basically. It keeps releasing new features, and it is also possible that these features are not supported on an old browser. Thus, it is always a good practice to keep your browser up to date at all times. It not only optimizes its performance, however, also comes with many bug fixes that avoid problems like these from happening. Just follow the steps given below to update your browser.
- Irrespective of which browser you guys are using, the general steps are more or less the same as well. For the sake of understanding, we will be taking Chrome as an example actually.
- The first thing that you have to do is just open Chrome on your PC.
- Now click on the menu icon (three vertical dots) on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- After that hover, you mouse pointer on top of the Help option on the drop-down menu as well.
- Now just tap on the About Google Chrome option.
- Chrome will now automatically search for updates as well.
- If there are is any pending update then just tap on the Update button and Chrome will get updated to the latest version.
- When the browser has been updated, then try to open the Facebook and see if it works properly or not.
Use a different browser
There are a lot of browsers you can use for surfing the Internet. Like Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, just to name a few. Try to load Facebook in a different browser and then see if that will make any difference.
Restart your Device
If none of the above methods work then, it is now time to give the good old “Have you tried turning it on and off again” as well. A simple reboot mostly fixes major issues and there is a good chance that it will fix the issue of the Facebook home page not loading properly as well. Power off your device and then wait for 5 minutes before turning it back on again. When the device boots up try to open Facebook again and see if it works properly or not.
If restarting your device didn’t fix the problem, then try to restart your router. Tap the On or Off button and let it sit for one minute, then turn it back on.
Check your security Software
The security software that you are using can affect the browser performance and actually cause the issue. Make sure the security software on your computer is up to date and doesn’t really block the Facebook home page. You can also try to turn it off temporarily and see if the Facebook can load properly then.
Check add-ons of your browser
Add-ons on a browser can provide special abilities to your browser. But, it sometimes can cause a bug in opening certain pages, also including Facebook. Try to update the add-ons or also deactivate them for a while. Can you open the Facebook home page now or not?
Check the Proxy settings
Proxies are basically a network feature from a computer that acts as a gateway between local and large-scale networks. It can also make the Proxy settings on your pc block Facebook. Hence, you can reset the Proxy settings on your computer.
- Head to Apple menu > System Preferences, and tap Network.
- Select the network service, such as, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Hit Advanced, then tap on Proxies.
- Open the Run command, and press the Windows logo key + R
- In the Run text box, just copy and paste this:
reg add “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings” /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- Tap on OK.
- Head to the Run command, tap on the Windows logo key + R
- In the Run text box, copy and paste this one as well:
reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings” /v ProxyServer /f
- Tap on OK.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “Facebook Home Page Won’t Load” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!