Do you want to download Gcam on OnePlus 6/6T? Installing a Google camera or Gcam on your OnePlus device will enable you to use Pixel camera app features. Such as NightSight, Astrophotography Mode, Playground (AR Stickers), HDR+, and much more for the best camera experience. Stable ports of Gcam v7.3, v7.2, v7.0, v6.2, and v6.1 are available for devices, with required XML config files, and settings. These are supported with any OnePlus 6 or 6T running Android Pie or Android 10.
At the time of its launch, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T is the best mobile device. The observer and users all appreciated these two mobiles. It is powered by the Snapdragon 845 chipset, using an octa-core processor, and about 8 GB of RAM.
If we talk about the camera, surely it gives a difficult time for the massive player in this segment. It has a dual rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, also, it is capable of recording videos at 2160p at 30 and 60 fps. The front camera too efficient 16MP with stunning features such as Gyro Electron-Image-Stabilization and Auto-HDR.
Also, some users feel that stock OnePlus camera features such as NightScape and Slow Motion are not finely tuned as they must have been. However, there are choices that the stock camera incorporated some extra features as well. Also, it includes a ‘Pro-Mode’, Motion Auto Focus, and ‘Manual Focus’ for video recording and ‘Timelapse’.
Google Camera on OnePlus 6/6T vs Stock OnePlus Camera: Image Comparision
Google Camera (GCam) port, besides improving the picture and video quality, brings itself lots of other features. Also, it includes Astrophotography Mode, Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) HDR+, Motion Photos, Portrait Mode, Super Res Zoom, Photobooth, NightSight, Slow Motion, and much more.
The best part about installing this GCam port is that you neither want to unlock the bootloader nor root the device. This is the fact that OnePlus 6/6T fully compatible Camera2 API by default.
Install OnePlus 6/6T Google Camera Port APK
The suggested and the best GCam Ports for OnePlus 6/OnePlus 6T are from manufacturers MJL, Arnova8G2, Burial, and Urnyx05.
There are also required XML config files that must be used to configure the best settings automatically. We strongly recommend that you also move through these important notes to know more about each port and their settings to get good results using Astrophotography and other modes of the camera.
Gcam 7.3.018 Port by macro (MJL 4.1.1 Minilux)
- Launched on: April 29, 2020
- APK File: 7.3_GCam_MJL_v4.1.1_Minilux.apk
- Config XML File: Built into the port already
Gcam 7.3.018 Port by Arnova8G2 (5BetaFinal2)
- Launched on: March 23, 2020
- APK File: 7.3_GCam_Arnova_5betaFinal2.apk
- Cloned model (can be used alongside MJL’s port): 7.3_GCam_Arnova_5betaFinal2-clone.apk
- XML Config File: JUAN 5.1.0 ALL.xml
Gcam 7.3.018 by Urnyx05 (v1.7 Fix)
- Released on: April 29, 2020
- APK File: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.7-fix.apk
- XML Config Files: JUAN 2.2.3 ALL.xml
Gcam 7.2.010 by Burial (vA)
- Launched on: February 22, 2020
- APK File: GCam_7.2.010_Burial-vA_release17.02.20.apk
- Cloned version (Can be used with any other port): 7.2_GCam_Burial-vA17.02.20-clone.apk
- XML Config Files: JUAN Burial.1.0 ALL.xml | JUAN Burial.1.0 SRZ.xml
Gcam 7.0.009 Port by Arnova8G2 (4.0 Final)
- Launched on 30 October 2019
- APK File: 7.0_GCam_Arnova_4.0 _final.apk
- XML Path: GCam/Configs7/Arnova4.0
Gcam 7.0.009 Port (SimpleCam v7c)
- APK File: 7.0_SimpleCam_v7c.apk
- XML Config Files (Do no use without XML): JL7for_SimpleCam.xml | JL7for_SimpleGcam_Pix.xml | SimpleCam_Fractal.xml | simple_extended_v7.xml
- Notes: Use 16:9 aspect ratio and disable motion photos for a more stable experience
Gcam 6.2.030 Port by Arnova8G2 (V2.2.190716.1800-Final)
- APK File: Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final.apk
- XML Config Files: SG_ALL_Arnova_1.7.xml or Arnova_1.4_OP6_OP6T_Default.xml
Gcam 6.1.021 Port by MJL (MJL Minikon V3.4)
- APK File: 6.1_GCam_MJL_v3.4_Miniflex.apk
- XML Config Files are already included
- Notes: This is the most stable GCam port with built-in XMLs.
Install Gcam Port on OnePlus 6/6T
Installing the Gcam port on your OnePlus 6/6T is quite a straight-forward process. Simply follow the steps just to install it. The technique of configuring it using the XML file given below:
Note: Before downloading this port, make sure that you must uninstall any GCam ports that you probably have installed earlier.
Initially, install the Google Camera Port APK for your OnePlus 6/6T device.
Also, download the required XML Config File.
Move both the files to your mobile internal storage.
On the root of your device’s internal storage, make a new folder by the name ‘GCam‘.
Inside the ‘GCam’ folder, make another folder named ‘Configs7‘.
Move the downloaded XML file to this newly created ‘Configs7’ folder.
Then, move to the folder where you have downloaded the Gcam port.
Click on the APK file and then follow the on-screen steps to install the Google Camera Port APK on your OnePlus 6/6T device.
Once installed successfully, simply launch the Google Camera app and provide it all the required permissions.
Doube clicks on the black area located next to the shutter button.
‘Choose config‘ dialog box would also appear.
At last, click on the ‘RESTORE‘ button.
Gcam is now installed successfully on your mobile OnePlus 6/6T device. Move ahead and try tapping amazing images with it now. Also, if you still aren’t satisfied using the results, move to the ‘Settings’ menu of the camera and try to tweak it as per your requirement or simply load a various config file.
So that’s all about “Gcam on OnePlus 6”. If you think that it is helpful then do let us know your suggestions in the comment section below. Have you found any other method that you think we can’t cover in this article? Comment us below!
Till then! Stay Safe 🥰