Pixilation or pixelated images are some of the common hurdles you are going to witness. Pixelation is a phenomenon that portrays the regions of bitmap i.e. small colored squares in large size pixels. It makes the resolution of images poor and hence makes them blur and grainy. Hence giving a term to these images as pixelated images. In this article, we are going to tell you How to Fix Pixelated Images and Pictures. Let’s begin!
Using these pixelated images in any content makes it less worth it and annoy readers with their blurry texture. Low resolutions incorporated within these images. That makes them a bad choice to be used in any of the content. But wait! This is not something that cannot be fixed. Fixing pixelated images comes with the number of solutions i.e. fixing pixelated images online and fixing pixelated images in photoshop.
We all love to have perfect photos to share with our friends and followers in social media; and for those who are not into that, keeping lovely and great quality photographs in personal photo albums is a delight.
Why Do My Photos Become Pixelated
Understood the concept of pixilation in the image? Then let’s move towards the reasons that make those images pixelated and you need a solution to fix the pixelated image. Talking about the causes, here is the list that portrays the most relevant ones:
- The most common cause of image pixilation is the resizing of pictures. When a small picture is resized to its larger version without doing any technical work on its resolution, there are appears with the bitmaps on screen and makes the overall image blurry and unclear.
- Sometimes, when the images are scanned. They may also appear pixelated because of the quality of the scanner.
- Images clicked blur also appears with pixelation that is basically because of the human or camera error.
- Images, when opened with incompatible applications or software, can also induce pixilation.
However, for every reason, we need to fix the pixelated images for their appropriate use in the content. Once the reason is understood and clear. Then the next step is to find the appropriate solution to fix the pixelated images.
Following is the list of a possible solution that helps to fix the pixelated images online, in photoshop, and by using third-party application software. Let us check out each of the following to get the issue fixed in no time.
Fix Pixelated Images with An Online Tool
Looking at a pixelated image on the screen with its unclear and grainy texture and blur outlook. The first solution that strikes the mind is to go online and get a quick fix of the pixelated images. The online tools are readily available at your service and provide you with a free hand to do the things in no time. Moreover, you can use them without any restriction of first downloading the, waiting for them to initialize on your device, and they use them. You just go, upload the image and fix the pixelated image online in mere steps. And all done!
One of such online photo editing and manipulation tool that helps to fix the pixelated image online is Fotor. Providing you with amazing digital editing facilities, fotor is here to give you a wide range of services from editing to retouching, reshaping, and designing. When it comes to fixing pixelated images online, the preferable tool that appears in the search bar is fotor.com. We will show you is the list of steps that can be followed to fix pixelated images.
Such as, in Fotor:
- Start with uploading your image to the site i.e. fotor.com
- Now select option of Effect from the left menu
- Float to the option of Pixellate.
- Then use the scroll bar to move left and select to perform an action for minimizing pixelation.
Fix Pixelated Images with Photoshop
If you have a little more time and a lot more money, you can do quite a bit to fix a pixelated image in Photoshop. Photoshop is the undisputed king of image editing programs but requires quite a lot of money to buy. However, this software can do so much to your photos that the cost will definitely be worth it. Despite a fairly steep learning curve with many Photoshop functions, it only takes a second to fix pixelated pictures.
The following are the steps with which one can fix the pixelated image in photoshop in seconds.
- Start with opening the image in Photoshop.
- Now select the option of Filter and Blur.
- The next step is to select Gaussian Blue and also track the slider to get an acceptable range. Click OK.
- Now click Filter and Sharpen.
- Here select the option of Unsharp
- Use the slider to adjust the acceptable level. Click OK.
- Then, save the image.
You are done with fixing the pixelated image in photoshop in a few steps. Photoshop provides you another way to fix the pixelated image
- Make a right-click the image and then click on Layer to Create New Layer.
- Click Blending Options from the top menu and select the Soft Light.
- Nextly, select the option of Filters and Noise.
- Select the option of Despeckle and get a favorable level.
- The next step is to select Image, Adjustments, and Brightness or Contrast.
- Adjust all to find a preferable level.
If the first way does not work, the second can do a lot!
Fix Pixelated Images with Paint.net
If you don’t have Photoshop and can’t justify the expense, Paint.NET or GIMP are viable alternatives. I tend to use Paint.NET as I have used it for years. It isn’t anywhere near as powerful as Photoshop but is free, regularly updated, and can perform many basic image editing tasks. Teaching you how to use GIMP is beyond the scope of this article, but Paint.NET is pretty straightforward.
- First, open the image in Paint.NET.
- Next, you have to select Effects
- Navigate to the option of Blur and select Gaussian Blur.
- Use the cursor to move the slider for reducing the pixel effect.
- Now again click Effects and select the option of Photo and Sharpen.
- By using the slider, get an appropriate level for the particular effect.
- Complete the process by saving the image.
How to Fix Corrupted or Damaged Images
Being a third party application software, Stellar is an all-rounder to fix almost every issue related to your media on your device. Ranging from fixing the pixelated images to repairing the corrupted JPG/JPEG photo. The software helps to fix the corrupted or damaged photos that are otherwise not editable on any other conventional editing tool or software.
Being the most reliable option for fixing the corrupted or pixelated images, Stellar is all that you need. The key features include:
- It displays the files after scanning.
- Helps to repairs the corrupt and damaged JPEG or JPG files.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and Windows Server 2008.
- It also recovers thumbnails of damaged JPEG files and restores them on the original location.
Just download the software to Fix Pixelated Images and let’s start.
- Start with downloading, installing, and launching the JPEG repair software.
- Select the option of ‘Add File’ and then select the targeted corrupt JPEG/JPG file.
- All the selected files will appear on the next screen. Click Select All to select all the files for repairing. Or choose the single desired file.
- Select the option of Repair to start the repairing of the selected file.
- Once you complete the repairing action, one can choose any file to see the preview in the right pane.
- Select the option of Save Repaired File to save the repaired JPEG files at your destined location.
Bang on! You are done with fixing your pixelated or corrupted image on stellar photo repair in no time. It was merely a matter of following the right steps.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this Fix Pixelated Images article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: Discord vs Slack – Which one is Better For You?