Windows XP was actually one of the most loved versions of Windows ever. It was stable, and almost everything was perfect. Users who are on Windows 10 miss that about Windows XP almost as much because they miss Windows 7. Windows 10 has now improved in terms of stability and if you guys miss XP a lot, you can make Windows 10 look like Windows XP along with an app. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Make Windows 10 Look Like Windows XP. Let’s begin!
In order to make Windows 10 look like Windows XP you guys need to download the following;
- The original Windows XP wallpaper in 4K
- The Windows XP start menu button
- Taskbar Texture
- An app called NeoClassic-UI
How to Make Windows 10 Look Like Windows XP
You need to install the NeoClassic UI app and run it. Turn on the ‘Show all settings’ option.
- First, head to the Start Menu Style tab. Choose the “Classic Two Column” option.
- Tap on the ‘Select Skin’ option under it. On the next screen, open the dropdown and choose the “Windows XP Luna” skin.
- You need to return to the Start Menu Style tab, and tap on the ‘Replace Start Button’ option at the bottom, and choose a start button from the ones you downloaded.
- Head to the Taskbar tab. You will have to change quite a few things here.
- Then turn on the ‘Customize Taskbar’ option, and choose ‘Taskbar Texture’.
- You have to browse for and select the texture file you downloaded.
- Next, under the ‘Horizontal stretching’ option, just choose ‘Tile’.
- Right-tap on the Taskbar on your desktop and uncheck the ‘Show Task view button’ and under Cortana, choose ‘Hidden’.
- First, just open the Windows 10 Settings app. Head to the Personalization group of settings, and go to the Colors tab.
- Choose the blue swatch that’s located on the first column of the third row.
- Make sure you’ve enabled options in order to show color on the accent bar, start menu, and action center. Turn Transparency effects on as well.
- Now head to the background tab on the Settings app under Personalization and set the Windows XP bliss wallpaper.
- Here’s what it looks like whenever everything is done as well.
This basically works on Windows 10 1803. The app used to make Windows 10 just look like Windows XP is basically a fork of the ClassicStart app which has also been discontinued and is no longer compatible along with 1803. NeoClassix UI is actually in active development and it should also work flawlessly on the next Windows 10 build i.e., Redstone 5.
There are also some limitations to this new UI. The File Explorer windows and many other UWP app windows are not changed. They follow a different design convention and thus their appearance cannot be altered.
In order to revert the changes, all you have to do is right-click the Start button, and choose ‘Exit’ from the context menu. This will exit the NeoClassic-UI app and undo most of the changes as well. You will have to change the wallpaper and also the accent color yourself as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “how to make windows 10 look like Windows XP” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to See Who Blocked You on Twitter