How many times has your phone frozen out of the blue? That cannot be particularly pleasant, especially if you are chatting with your crush or breaking records in your favorite game. In this article, we are going to show you how to Open Battery Cover
Most of the time the screen is not responding to any of your commands. You even try the side buttons, but nothing seems to be working. You have to remove the battery to force a restart.
However, what do you do if you do not know how to open the back battery cover? If you have a Samsung A20, then this article may help you solve this mystery.
Open Battery Cover and Remove the Battery
Years ago, it was much easier to open the back cover of a mobile device and remove the battery. You could do it in seconds because many back covers were the snap-on type. But, today you need additional tools to do it.
Most mobile phone models today do not have snap-on back covers. That is the case with newer Samsung models, as well as the Galaxy A20 – the back cover’s glued tightly to the phone. Therefore, you should not remove it on your own unless you know what you are doing.
You’d need to melt the adhesive with a hairdryer and then remove the back cover with a guitar pick, Like. You could damage the phone in the process if something goes wrong.
If you do not have a hairdryer at hand, you can eliminate the back cover using alcohol or acetone. Isopropyl alcohol and acetone dissolve the glue. So they should help with removing the cover. Follow these simple steps:
Steps to Open Battery Cover
- Apply a few drops of isopropyl alcohol or acetone from where the cover is attached to the device. Alternatively, you could use a hairdryer to heat the glue.
- Now, wait for the glue to dissolve.
- Take a guitar pick or a similar thin object that can fit between the cover and the phone, and gently slide it until one side of the cover detaches from the phone.
- Repeat this for an adjacent side of your phone, and when you detach two sides. Then you can slowly remove the back cover with your hand.
It is worth noting that these steps also apply to the hairdryer method. Again, we advise you to avoid doing this by yourself.
Let us now move on to other useful tips.
Soft Reset on Samsung A20 to Open Battery Cover
If you need to restart your phone, a soft reset is a much safer option. Here’s how to do it on your A20.
- Press and hold the Power button along with the Volume down button for almost 45 seconds.
- Your mobile phone will restart, so wait until the process completes.
Remove the Sim without Opening the Back Cover and Open Battery Cover
With older phones, you typically needed to remove the back cover. And maybe even the battery, to insert or remove the SIM card. Nowadays, the SIM card has its own tray, and it is easy now to put it in or take out.
To remove or insert the SIM card into your Samsun Galaxy A20, do the following:
- Power off the device before you start. Do not skip this step because you could damage the SIM card or the phone.
- Use the pin tool that came with your phone to take out the SIM card tray. If you do not have the pin tool, a paperclip will do that also. Insert the tool into the small hole on the tray. It is on the left side of your phone when the display is facing up.
- Insert the SIM card into the tray, or remove it.
- Put the tray back to its place and press to lock it in.
- Turn on your phone to make sure you have placed the SIM correctly.
Does my Phone have a Memory Card? to Open Battery Cover
Samsung Galaxy’s built-in storage (32GB) is probably big enough for anything you may want to keep on your phone. Still, you can add a memory card to increase its capacity. You can also add a memory card of 512GB at most. Before you buy the micro SD card, ensure that it is compatible with your phone or not.
You insert or remove the memory card the similar way you did with the SIM card. It is in the same tray, right next to the SIM. When you place the memory card into the tray, the gold-colored contacts should be facing down.
Does it Pay Off to DIY? to Open Battery Cover
Like you can replace the broken touchscreen on your own, you could probably do it with the back cover too. But that may not be the best idea, especially if you do not have adequate tools or skills. You can damage your phone and end up paying even more than what you would have initially.
Let a professional handle this for you may be your best bet. If you are not happy with the back cover of your phone. Then you can always buy a case and make your phone look interesting.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you like this Open Battery Cover article and find it helpful. Give us your feedback. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!