Surely on some occasion, you have had to use a video and you have found that the orientation is not correct. It is quite common when we record videos in a hurry, but luckily it has an easy solution.
For some reason, the iOS Photos app does not allow to change the orientation of the videos, but it is possible to do so thanks to third-party apps or even Apple’s own applications such as iMovie.
In addition, thanks to the iOS extensions it is possible to rotate a video without having to leave the Photos app. This is what I want to explain in this article and the reason for opting for this option is because it is tremendously comfortable, easy, intuitive and without the need to learn to use a new app.
Before entering flour and explain the exact process to turn any video on an iOS device you must meet a couple of requirements.
The first is to install the iMovie app on the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. To do this, you must only access the App Store, search for the app and click on the Get button to start the download and installation.
It is an app that Apple offers for free, so the only thing you will have to do is enter the password of your Apple ID or identify yourself with Face ID or Touch ID to confirm the “purchase”.
When iMovie is installed on the device, you must activate the iOS extension. To do this you must do this:
- Open the Photos app and access any video on your reel.
- Tap on the Edit button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now touch on the icon of the three points within a circle that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- A touch over More.
- Activate the switch that appears next to the name of the iMovie app.
Now that the app is installed and the extension is activated since you are ready to rotate any video in a simple way from Photos on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
How to rotate videos on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch from the Photos app
If you have followed the steps above, everything is ready so you can “turn around” any video from your iOS device.
To do this you must do the following:
- Open the video you want to rotate from the Photos app and tap the Edit button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the icon of the three points within a circle.
- Tap on the iMovie icon to open the extension.
- Play the video with two fingers and rotate them in the direction in which you want to rotate the video.
- Finally, click on the OK button in the upper right corner of the screen.
When you take the last step, the iMovie extension will go to work and after a few seconds you will return to the video playback screen, but this time it will already be turned in the direction you indicated.
Many users are still unaware of iOS app extensions and it really is a pity, since they often allow us to do things in a much easier, faster way and can help us to be more productive with our computers.