To mark the 15th anniversary of the launch of Gmail, Google decided to add a series of new features to its email service.
One of these new features is the programming of mailing, a long-awaited feature with which we can leave the emails ready so they can be sent automatically one day and at a specific time.
So far it was necessary to use external tools such as Spark, Airmail or Boomerang to achieve this, but now it is possible to do it from the web itself and, of course, also from the Gmail app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Schedule sending emails in Gmail
In the following lines, I want to explain how you can use this new feature from your iOS devices and send emails at the time you deem appropriate without having to do it manually at that time.
To schedule the sending of an email you must do the following:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Touch the + icon in the lower right corner of the screen to open the email writing screen.
- Compose the email as you normally would and enter a subject and recipient (or several if that is the case).
- Touch the icon with three dots ( … ) in the upper right corner of the screen and choose the option Set shipping.
- Choose the option that suits you on the screen that appears or taps on the latter option, choose date and time, to establish the exact time of shipment (can choose, day and exact time of shipment).
To take the final step will be saved email and when I get the set time will be automatically sent to the selected contact or contacts.
This new feature of Gmail is very useful if, for example, you work during the night and you want the emails to reach their recipient’s first thing in the morning. It can also be useful in other situations such as sending birthday greetings, anniversaries, etc, etc …
Review or cancel scheduled shipments
If you need to check the list of scheduled emails or cancel the sending of some you can also do it from the app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch by following these steps:
- Tap on the icon of the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen (right next to the search engine).
- Choose the section Scheduled and you will see a list with all the emails that are programmed to be sent (the sending date appears in orange).
- Tap on any of the emails to access and view its contents.
- If you want to change the time of sending an email or simply cancel the sending touch on Cancel send. By doing this the mail will be removed from the list of scheduled shipments and will go to the drafts folder, where you can modify the content, change the recipients, set another date of shipment or delete it completely.
Without a doubt, it is a new feature of Gmail very useful and that surely encourages other providers of email accounts to incorporate it among its features. No more emails sent at this time!