Do you want to turn off the iPhone for some reason? The newer iPhone models have a different method of shutting down compared to previous models. This article will show you how to turn off the iPhone X, XR, XS, and XS Max.
Keep in mind that turning off the iPhone literally turns it off completely. When the device is turned off, it can not be used in any way until it is turned on again.
How to turn off the iPhone X, XR, XS, and XS Max:
To turn off a new iPhone model without a Start button, press and hold a sequence of buttons to access the power off option.
1. Press and hold the volume up button and the power/lock button until you see ” Slide to power off ” at the top of the iPhone screen.
2. Swipe to the right in the “Swipe to turn off ” option to turn off the iPhone.
The iPhone will shut down completely until it is turned on again.
Another option to turn off the iPhone through the configuration:
Another option is to turn off the iPhone or iPad through Settings, which does not require pressing any physical button:
1. Open the ” Settings ” application and then go to ” General “.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the General Settings and touch ” Shut Down “.
3. Swipe on ” Slide to turn off ” to turn off the iPhone.
How to turn on the iPhone X, XR, XS, and XS Max again.
If the iPhone is off, you can turn it back on using one of the following methods:
- Press the Power / Lock button on the side of the iPhone.
- Or simply connect it to a power source.
These methods to turn the iPhone back on applying to all iPhone models, including the iPhone X, XR, XS, and XS Max; even also for other models like iPhone 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, SE, 5S and previous iPhone as well.
Turning the iPhone off and on again can also be used as a method to perform a soft reset of the iPhone. Hard reboots are immediate, and are a different process, although making a hard reset changes according to the iPhone (and iPad) model. If necessary, you can read how to force the restart of the iPhone XS, the iPhone XS Max and the iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 plus, 7 and 7 more, force the restart of the iPad Pro and how to force the restart of all iPhone or iPad by clicking Start buttons.
Leave us your comments on what method you use to turn off your device.
See More From Us At AppleForCast.