Well, today gaming is not only limited to mere gameplay between few enthusiasts. It has brought career and business for a multitude of gamers as well. Yes, I am talking about those successful professional gamers who stream their gameplay every day to the entire world. Streaming has now become very famous and money-oriented. Let me guess, you guys like to watch Twitch for catching your favorite gamers in action actually. Well, not only PC, gamers from Xbox and also PlayStation can also stream. But, for the Nintendo Switch users, things are a bit different. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Watch Live Twitch on Nintendo Switch. Let’s begin!
In this guide, I will tell you how can you Livestream on Twitch from the Nintendo Switch. There is no Twitch app for Switch actually. So, the most effective way in order to stream is just to use streaming software and a game capture card. I have put up the entire steps that you have to follow to accomplish this. Let’s begin.
You guys have bought your Switch for gaming. There are millions of tablets that you could’ve gone with rather. So, gaming is important to you, and you don’t want to sacrifice it in order to access Twitch.
This workaround is still really fresh and needs more testing. But, users reported no problems with gaming after using systemless Android as well. The emulators also work like a charm, so you guys shouldn’t worry too much.
Moreover, the technology will be ironed out as time goes by. After all, it revolves around the same Android OS that was to be used on the Nvidia Shield TV as well.
Unfortunately, the drawbacks also do exist. After all, you are tinkering along with sensitive technology here.
This workaround basically permits you to use your Switch as an Android tablet. So, practically, you’re turning an impromptu dual-boot mode. The two systems may also conflict with each other, which causes errors and bugs.
But, the real drawback here is that you won’t be able to use all Android apps as well. For instance, those that need a microphone, camera, or also a built-in GPS. How come? Well, Nintendo Switch doesn’t really have these features. Fortunately, Twitch doesn’t need any of these to work, so you guys should be good.
How to Watch Live Twitch on Nintendo Switch
First, let me list out the things that you need to have with you in order to carry out the steps I have explained ahead.
- A PC or Laptop with a robust processing unit so that it can handle intensive games actually.
- Download the streaming software from the link in the Downloads section as well
- Get A webcam so that you guys can stream yourself. I mean your viewers can also see your face in the stream in a miniature frame.
- A game capture card actually. You can get the one from Elgato that is pretty easy on the pocket and supports more than 1080 pixel resolution. Also, it can capture more than 60 frames per second.
- Use a headphone along with microphone support so that your audio input or output is seamless during gaming.
- You have to connect your Nintendo Switch console to your PC. This will basically enable you to view the gameplay.
Connect PC and Nintendo Switch
- Just unplug the HDMI connector jack from the TV(the one connecting to Switch) and then connect it to your game capture card.
- Now, the game capture must have a USB cable that you have to run via the computer/laptop.
- Also, connect the HDMI Out port of your Game Capture card to the PC. The other end should be connected to the TV as well.
Watch Twitch Stream
- First, install OBS studio streaming software
- Then log in to Twitch
- Head to Dashboard > Account > Profile Settings
- Next head on to Channel & Videos as well
- Now under the Primary Stream key, you have to copy your stream key.
- Paste that key through going to File > Settings > Stream in OBS Studio and choose Twitch
- This will now permit OBS in order to broadcast your game to Twitch
- Right-click on OBS Studio > tap on Add > and then click Video Capture Device
- You have to name the layer
- Choose your game capture card and then tap on OK.
- You guys can repeat the above three steps and add up your webcam as well. Now after Add select the webcam. The stream will feature your face actually.
- When the streaming starts in order to show on the OBS Studio. Then you can resize the screen as per your need,
- When each and everything is set, then tap on the Start Streaming button on OBS Studio. Done.
So, that’s how you guys can watch Twitch Livestream of your Nintendo switch gameplay. Just try it out. Although it may be a bit costly for a few in order to buy the game capture card. Still, the avid gamers should go for it actually. You can share your experience in the comments section.
Setting Up the Stream | Watch Live Twitch
In order to get things started, you have to connect the Switch to the capture card via the HDMI cable. Connect the card to the computer through a USB cable. It works as an intermediary between your Switch and your PC. Then, use another HDMI cable in order to connect the output on the card to the HDMI port on your TV or screen.
Set up OBS Studio on the PC or Mac and then link it to your Twitch account. Now, right-tap anywhere within the OBS app and choose Add. Then, add your card via using the Video Capture Device command from the drop-down menu.
A box should pop up then, showing your actual current Switch gameplay. You can set things up as you would with any other Twitch stream. When you set everything up, then just tap on Start Streaming, and your live stream should start actually.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “Watch Live Twitch” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!