WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that lets you chat with your friends and loved ones by the power of the Internet. And the amazing thing about WhatsApp is group messaging, which means you can add more members to a group and connect with them via text messages, group voice calls or video calls. But this group message is sometimes frustrating since anyone can add it to a group, regardless of whether they want to be part of it or not. And most of the time when you join a WhatsApp group, you can’t leave the group because it would be rude.
Even if there is the possibility to mute a WhatsApp group, there comes a time when constant messaging in the group becomes intolerable. And that’s when you decide you want to leave the group permanently. But the question is: how would you do it? That’s why in this article, we’ll show you how you can leave a WhatsApp group permanently. So, let’s start.
Also Read: How To Shake Device To Turn On Flashlight On Android [Without Root]
Leave the WhatsApp group permanently
There will be one of the 2 conditions that you want to leave a WhatsApp group:
- If you are a member of a WhatsApp group, you can leave the group and delete the chat. But the group will not be influenced by the other members of the group.
- If you are the admin, you can delete the group for all members, which means that the group will cease to exist for all members of that group. But there is more than what we will discuss later.
Please note that the procedure discussed in this article is almost the same for Android and iOS smartphones. We’ve included steps for Android, but you can follow the same procedure on the iPhone.
Leave the WhatsApp group (Member and Admin)
If you are a member or admin of a WhatsApp group, you can simply leave the group and delete the chat. Also, it doesn’t matter if you are an admin or not, because when you leave the group, it doesn’t affect the group’s existence for other members. The reason for this is that when you (the admin) leave the group, by chance another member of the group will be chosen as an admin. And if you want to continue and leave a WhatsApp group, you can follow the indicated steps.
- Start WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Open the group chat you want to leave.
- Now tap the group name at the top of the screen to open the group info.
- After reaching the group information, scroll down and tap “Exit group”.
Note: you can also leave the group by long-pressing the group chat, so you will need to tap the three-point icon => Exit Group.
- Now that you have left the group, you will see the “Delete Group” option instead of the “Exit Group” option. Tap it to remove the entire group from your WhatsApp.
Also Read: How to Enable Dark Mode in Google Chrome on Android
Delete WhatsApp group permanently (Admin)
If you are an admin of a WhatsApp group, you can easily leave it by following the same steps above. But if you want to permanently delete the group for each member, you need to remove each member of that group before following the previous steps.
Remove members from a WhatsApp group
- Start WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Open the group chat you wish to permanently delete.
- Now tap the group name to open group settings.
- Next, scroll down to view the list of all participants in that group.
- To delete the participants, tap their name and then select “Remove [Name]”. Repeat to remove all members, including other admins from that group.
As soon as you have finished removing all the members, follow the steps to exit the group we have already discussed. Because if you leave the group after eliminating all the members, that group is permanently inaccessible to everyone.
So now you know how to leave the WhatsApp group permanently. If you are a member, you can only leave the group and delete the chat. And surely other group members will be advised that you left the group. Therefore, it is better than before leaving, you give the other members a reason why you leave that group. However, if you are a group admin, you can choose to delete the group for everyone. But you will have to do extra work before you can do it.