Whenever playing video on the web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer as well). You guys may face an error message saying “If playback doesn’t begin shortly try restarting your device”. Then just don’t worry as today we are going to see how you can fix this issue. The main issue due to which this error is caused is the new HTML5 video player that YouTube, as well as another modern website, uses. Or the issue can be simply the hardware acceleration in web browsers too. In this article, we are going to talk about If Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly Try Restarting your Device. Let’s begin!
So you have to turn off hardware acceleration as well as install HTML5 player add-ons in order to fix this issue. Also, you guys could try to update Graphic card drivers or just completely uninstall them in order to troubleshoot the issue. So without even wasting any time let’s see how you can Fix If playback doesn’t begin shortly try restarting your device along with the help of the below-listed guide.
If Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly Try Restarting your Device
Some Windows 10 users also reported that they are not even able to play some selected videos from Youtube on web browsers. Such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox, and Microsoft Edge. However, most of the videos might work properly. This problem may be caused because of a variety of reasons like hardware acceleration is enabled in your Google Chrome web browser. Or because of the new HTML5 video player that Youtube uses.
In order to resolve this issue, you have to customize settings for Web browsers. Or you can install some add-ons for youtube’s new HTML5 player or Uninstall/ Update Graphics card drivers, as explained in this article.
Update Graphics driver
In order to resolve the issue please download the latest drivers for your video card from the manufactures website and update the drivers.
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and click on enter to open Device Manager.
- Next, expand Display adapters and right-tap on your Nvidia Graphic Card, and choose Enable.
- When you guys have done this again right-click on your graphic card and choose “Update Driver Software.”
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and then let it finish the process now.
- If the above step was able to fix your problem then good, and if not then continue.
- Again choose “Update Driver Software” however, this time on the next screen, just choose “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Now just choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- At last, choose the compatible driver from the list for your Nvidia Graphic Card and tap on Next.
- Now let the above process finish and restart your PC to save changes. So, after updating the Graphic card you may be able to Fix If playback doesn’t begin shortly try restarting your device error as well.
Uninstall Graphics Drivers
- Right-tap on your NVIDIA graphic card under device manager and then choose Uninstall.
- If asked for confirmation, then just select Yes.
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type control and click on Enter.
- From Control Panel, you have to tap on Uninstall a Program.
- Then, uninstall everything related to Nvidia.
- Now reboot your system to save changes and again download the setup from the manufacturer’s website.
- When you are sure that you have removed everything, then just try installing the drivers again.
Disable Hardware Acceleration | Playback Doesn’t Begin
Disable hardware acceleration in Firefox
- First of all, open Firefox then types “about:preferences” (without quotes) in the address bar and click on Enter.
- Now scroll down to Performance then uncheck “Use recommended performance settings”
- Just under Performance uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available“.
- Now close Firefox and then reboot your PC.
Disable hardware acceleration in Internet Explorer
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type inetcpl.cpl and click on enter to open Internet Properties.
- Then switch to the Advanced tab and also, just tick mark the option “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.”
- Tap on Apply followed via OK, this would disable Hardware acceleration.
- Again re-launch your IE and then see if you’re able to fix the issue.
Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome
- You have to open Google Chrome then click the three dots in the upper right corner and choose Settings.
- Now scroll down till you guys find Advanced (which would be probably located at the bottom) and then tap on it.
- Now scroll down till you find System settings and also make sure to disable the toggle or turn off the option “Use hardware acceleration when available.”
- Just restart Chrome and this should help you Fix If playback doesn’t begin shortly try restarting your device error as well.
Install HTML5 player add-ons | Playback Doesn’t Begin
If the issue is still not resolved then you can make sure that the problem is caused via the new HTML5 video player. In order to fix the issue, you have to install HTML5 player add-ons to your web browser actually.
For Mozilla Firefox just download and install the HTML5 player add-ons.
For Google Chrome Flash-Youtube HTML5 Player
Update Audio Driver
- Tap on ‘Windows’ + ‘R’ to open Run and then type in ‘devmgmt.msc’. Click on enter to launch the device manager.
- Press the dropdown for the ‘Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click what audio service is working on your pc/laptop, then tap on “Properties” and then head to the “Driver” tab
- Tap on the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Then click, Search automatically for updated driver software and now just wait for the driver to be updated.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: Best Ways YouTube Age Restriction Bypass