People select Samsung devices for different reasons. However, some are enjoying the vivid colors of their AMOLED screens or great cameras. For many others, a trustworthy brand and build quality are what actually matter the most. Prices on the latest Samsung devices actually go up in the sky, promising their owners state-of-art usability. However, then, suddenly, the entire unbelievable range of features gets blocked by an ad on the screen. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Remove Pop Up Ads on Samsung S9 Plus. Let’s begin!
You guys might be surprised but some of these ads come directly from Samsung. The new monetization policy of a South Korean tech giant basically involves feeding you the ads on top of those you already see. Whenever browsing the web. In your app market, music player, or also even the phone dialer!
Native ads can actually seem legit and not many users realize that there is something wrong. However, if you started reading this we may assume that ads got to your nerves already as well– and we feel you. That’s why we actually want to take you on a journey in order to get rid of ads on Samsung devices. Then you are using and to make sure that all the types of pop-ups are gone whenever we come to the end.
The various methods provided below you can stop Ads still work great, though. If you are using a Galaxy S10, S9, S8, Note 9, Note 8, or any other Samsung device. Then you can still use the methods below to turn off the Ads on your Samsung Galaxy device.
How to Remove Pop Up Ads on Samsung S9 Plus
Back in the early days of Android devices, the device manufacturers had a lot more control over what apps users were offered for use actually. Over the years as Google has also cracked down on bloatware, third-party apps have been plucked via their roots through several Android OEMs. All leading to a cleaner and pure Android user experience as well.
However, Samsung was a goldmine of bloatware once, it also has kept a lean profile for years now. But Galaxy S9 users are still experiencing random pop-up ads each and every now and then. The issue is not centralized to the Galaxy S9, and also the fix that we’ve retrieved for you works on all Galaxy devices as well.
Disable Marketing information
If you guys like it or not, Samsung is out there to make a profit whenever it sells you a Galaxy device, and one way to do so is through selling targeted ads. However, the South Korean giant does not do so in a malicious manner. And it does also include a Marketing information feature that greenlights marketing communication via push notifications, SMS, and email as well.
- First of all, head over to the Settings app on your Galaxy S9.
- Scroll down to find and click on Biometrics and security.
- [Alternate] The above is on One UI. But, on older versions, such as Samsung Experience, tap on General Management.
- Scroll download and then find the option called Receive marketing information, now use the toggle button to turn off it. A simple tap would enable or disable it.
If this doesn’t stop the Ads, then just jump to the next step right below.
Reboot into Safe Mode
A sure-shot method of finding out what app actually seems to be acting out of line. The Safe Mode on your Galaxy device can help you to get rid of random ads as well. With booting the device into Safe Mode, you guys can check to see if the random ads still keep appearing even when all the third-party apps are disabled actually, that is highly unlikely.
- You have to turn off your Galaxy S9 via holding down the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Turn the device on through pressing and holding down the Power and Volume Down buttons. However, leave the Power button whenever the Samsung logo appears.
- The Galaxy S9 will now boot into Safe Mode where you guys will be able to use only the system apps installed on the device as well.
If the Ads stop whenever your device is in Safe mode. Then it means an app that you guys may have installed from the Play Store or anywhere else is the culprit. Just find that app and uninstall it via the Step 3 guide below.
We also think the Ads will definitely stop whenever you are in safe mode as no OEMs loads Ads without providing you an option to turn them off in Settings.
Inspect the suspected apps
To start things off, you have to make sure that all of your apps come from Google Play Store in the first place. Installing apps from third-party sources actually makes them skip the strict screening process. However, you can also find out via the Play Store itself to see if a suspected app contains ads as well.
- From the home screen of your Galaxy S8, then head over to the Google Play Store
- With the search bar at the top of the screen, then look up your suspected third-party app.
- So, if the app description under the Installed button reads “Contains ads”, then this makes it a suspect behind the random ads popping up.
- Remove any of the apps that you guys have sideloaded to your Galaxy device, that may seem a bit fishy.
Remove All Ads and Pop-ups on Samsung along with AdLock
AdLock is basically an all-in-one solution for blocking online pop-ups along with ease. Having AdLock for Android installed, you guys will forget about ads in any mobile web browser that you are using. Moreover, it blocks annoying ads in the individual apps on your phone or tablet also including the pre-installed Samsung tools. Doesn’t even matter where the ad comes from. If it’s a native advertisement for Samsung products or a Google banner promoting goods from eBay as well. AdLock for Android can also deal with it. Other advantages include:
- Protection from malware and spyware
- Security of your private data
- Also, saving your mobile traffic
- Extension of your battery life
- Full flexibility without even a need for ROOT
- 24/7 customer support
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “How to Remove Pop Up Ads on Samsung S9 Plus” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: Best Square Icon Pack on Android for You