A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is basically a simple software that was created to protect your online privacy. And then make your life harder for hackers through anonymizing your traffic and location. However, you can also use it for many other things, if that’s breaking geoblocks to access every streaming service in the world, downloading torrents faster, and much more. In this article, we are going to talk about Should I Use a VPN on my Phone or Not? Let’s begin!
After reviewing more than 300 VPNs and analyzing everything they have to offer, I can honestly say that VPNs are really easy to use and everyone can do it as well.
In short: if you guys are still asking yourself the question “Do I need a VPN on my phone?”. Then the answer basically is a strong YES, of course. Our research will show you why your phone needs a VPN and what are the best services to pick from.
- 0.1 Best VPN for You | should I use a VPN on my phone
- 0.2 ExpressVPN | should i use a vpn on my phone
- 0.3 NordVPN | should I use a VPN on my phone
- 0.4 CyberGhost | should I use a VPN on my phone
- 0.5 PrivateVPN | should I use a VPN on my phone
- 1 Should I Use a VPN on my Phone or Not?
- 1.1 Worldwide Unrestricted Internet Access
- 1.2 Stop Websites to Track You | should I use a VPN on my phone
- 1.3 Secure Your Remote Collaboration
- 1.4 Guarantee Your Privacy | should I use a VPN on my phone
- 1.5 Secure Your Mobile Devices
- 1.6 Set up a VPN on my phone
- 1.7 Download the VPN
- 1.8 Sign in and connect
- 1.9 Verify your IP
- 1.10 Conclusion
Best VPN for You | should I use a VPN on my phone
It does not actually matter if you want to stay safe on Verizon or secure your phone on China Mobile. Running a VPN can grant you a ton of privacy, plenty of safety, and some new advantages, as well. That also includes the ability to unblock Netflix and stream anonymous movies from around the globe.
If you want to pick a good VPN for your phone, then you’ll want to prioritize a number of features. This also includes looking for fast servers, putting a priority on VPNs with DNS leak protection, an automatic kill switch features. That makes sure your service offers lightweight apps that are actually compatible with your device. And double-checking to guarantee the VPN has a strict zero-logging policy actually.
We used these very same criteria in order to evaluate and rank the recommended VPNs below. Each one is fast, secure, easy to use, and also works perfectly on most mobile phone devices like iOS and Android.
ExpressVPN | should i use a vpn on my phone
- Unblocking Netflix, iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime
- Reliable and fast connections
- Supports ALL devices
- Keeps no logs of personal data
- Great support (24/7 chat).
- Priced slightly higher.
ExpressVPN is actually one of the fastest and most reliable VPNs that you can use, hands down. It runs smoothly on iPhone and Android. As well as other platforms such as PC, Mac, Fire TV, and much more, all with the same one-click interface and lightweight design actually. It’s really easy to log on and enjoy full online privacy as well as anonymity features on your phone. Complete with a host of security features that are working behind the scenes to keep you safe at all times.
Data passing through ExpressVPN’s network is secured along with military-grade 256-bit AES encryption. And also backed by a strict zero-logging policy on traffic, DNS requests, and IP addresses. Information stays safe by an automatic kill switch and DNS leak avoiding features on its software, as well. All of these work with ExpressVPN’s network of more than 3,000 servers in 94 different countries in order to give you a fast and secure connection anywhere around the world.
NordVPN | should I use a VPN on my phone
- Optimized servers for unblocking Netflix
- Most VPN servers with different IP addresses
- Zero leaks: IP/DNS/WebRTC
- “Double” data protection
- 24/7 Customer Service.
- Very little
- They can take 30 days in order to process refunds.
NordVPN is actually a popular, safe, and reliable VPN that runs an impressive network of more than 5,800 servers in 59 countries actually. Each of these is available without even a single limitation on speed or bandwidth as well. That allows you to sign on and enjoy endless downloads and also streams from anywhere in the world. This huge amount of variety also allows NordVPN to offer unique features. Such as double encryption, protection from DDoS attacks, and onion routing over VPN for extra online privacy as well.
NordVPN’s lightweight apps basically come with everything that you need to stay safe on any device. From PC to Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Fire TV, and much more than that. You also get 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, an automatic kill switch, and a zero-logging policy that basically covers time stamps, DNS requests, IP addresses, and traffic whenever you join. It’s really easy to set up NordVPN and use it on your phone thanks to its amazing app design.
CyberGhost | should I use a VPN on my phone
- Works with Netflix, iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Hulu
- Special profile designed for torrenting privately
- GooglePlay users rating: 4.3/5.0
- Strict no-logging policy
- 24/7 Live Chat Support.
- WebRTC leak detected
- Some streaming sites cannot be unblocked.
CyberGhost delivers an amazing VPN experience for anyone interested in order to keep data safe on their favorite devices. The company’s lightweight app runs on nearly every platform imaginable, from iPhones and iPads to Android devices, tablets, laptops, and much more. When you sign up you will then have access to CyberGhost’s impressive network of up to 6,000 servers in 87 countries. All with unlimited data and also no restrictions on speed as well.
CyberGhost’s privacy features keep everyone safe along with 256-bit AES encryption on all of the data. A zero-logging policy on traffic, time stamps, and IP addresses, and both DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch as well. These features basically hide your identity whenever you go online. That allows you to connect with fully encrypted data and an anonymous IP address no matter where in the world you travel.
PrivateVPN | should I use a VPN on my phone
PrivateVPN is a strong, secure, and also safe VPN that makes it pretty easy to keep your data and identity locked down. It also offers some of the best apps in the industry, all designed with ease of use and security in mind actually. With PrivateVPN running, you can surf and also stream in complete privacy on PC, iOS, Android, Mac, and all other devices. All thanks to the company’s lightweight and straightforward software that makes it securing your data a breeze.
PrivateVPN operates a really strong network of 150 servers in 59 different countries. Data is locked down and secured along with 256-bit AES encryption in order to keep your connection safe. And an automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection avoid accidental identity reveals as well. PrivateVPN also delivers a zero-logging policy on all traffic to make sure your privacy is never at risk actually.
Should I Use a VPN on my Phone or Not?
A surprising number of folks, especially iPhone users, believe that their phones are already safe from harm because they utilize device encryption. This is only a small part of the picture, though, and it does not offer all the advantages a true VPN can deliver actually.
Worldwide Unrestricted Internet Access
Many countries (such as China) block many websites and online services. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, you guys may not always be able to access the sites that you use regularly at home. In most countries, you can’t even log on to social media sites in order to see how your friends are doing when you’re away.
A VPN provides a way around this problem through providing you with hundreds. If not thousands – of remote servers in order to connect to. With the click of a button. Then you can access the Internet because if you were physically located in any country around the world.
Stop Websites to Track You | should I use a VPN on my phone
Have you guys ever discussed a product on social media or in a private message, then found yourself overwhelmed with ads about whatever you guys mentioned? It could be as innocent as liking a friend’s new pair of boots or negotiating about the latest video game. Sites are actively tracking your activity and communications, then selling that information to advertisers who target you based on your recent Internet activity actually.
Whenever you use a VPN, then Google and other websites can’t see who you are. That means they can’t save the data on your activity, searches, private messages, or anything that you guys do online.
Secure Your Remote Collaboration
For most modern businesses, remote collaboration is really important. If that be between office locations or remote workers as well, any time data is transferred, there is risk involved also. You’ve probably heard of Zoom meetings that are hacked — something that wouldn’t have happened if those meetings had protected through a VPN.
A VPN encrypts all of your communications, also including emails, chat groups, and virtual face-to-face meetings as well. A VPN will also secure the data you send to the cloud. In sum, collaborative efforts become worry-free whenever you conduct them over a VPN actually.
Guarantee Your Privacy | should I use a VPN on my phone
Even if everything that you do on the Internet is legal, still many people don’t really like the idea of someone being able to see their web activity. It may make you feel uneasy knowing how many companies and government agencies are able to see everything that you do online, down to the most minute actions as well.
A VPN, with its powerful encryption, basically gives you the peace of mind that absolutely nobody can see what you do online. If you are browsing the Internet in your home or on a crowded subway, that you have the right in order to keep your data and activity private as well.
Secure Your Mobile Devices
Most of the people are more concerned about the security of their smartphones and other mobile devices than that of their home computers actually. After all, you’re subject to the security (or lack thereof) of each and every WiFi network you connect to actually. Plus, some folks may have concerns about government intelligence or law enforcement agencies that access their smartphone data.
Every VPN that we recommend has user-friendly apps for nearly every mobile device. That keeps you secure no matter how you choose to use the Internet.
Set up a VPN on my phone
Download the VPN
- First, open a web browser on your PC, sign in to your VPN account, and then visit the downloads section of your dashboard.
- Now look for a link to the VPN app for your phone. Almost every VPN services support iOS and Android by default.
- Tap on the link to download the app. In most cases, you will be redirected to the app store in order to complete the process.
- Now install the VPN app to your device. If you can’t send it directly to your phone from the browser app store, then you can also manually search the marketplace for your VPN.
Sign in and connect
- Open the VPN software on your phone and then sign in using your account details.
- Most of the apps will automatically connect to the fastest server. If you do not have any IP address preferences, then you won’t need to do anything else actually.
- Search through your VPN’s settings menu and then set it to automatically connect every time you start your device. This will make sure you are always protected every time you go online.
- Minimize the VPN or also let it run in the background. As long as it stays connected, your Internet connection is secure then.
Verify your IP
- Make sure that your VPN is active and connected on your phone.
- Then open a web browser on your device and then go to ipleak.net.
- Now wait for the page to load, then run an IP address lookup.
- Then look at the box at the top beneath “Your IP address”. If it shows a country rather than the one that you’re currently in, then the VPN is working correctly.
- If the box shows your physical location, then you have to check with your VPN provider in order to resolve an IP leak error.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “should I use a VPN on my phone” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!