NVIDIA graphics cards are among the most famous and along with a good reason. They are performance-oriented powerhouses designed in order to bring the greatest games to life. GeForce Experience, on the other hand, is universally seen as a cause of misery for the gamer’s favored ecosystem as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Uninstall Geforce Experience in Windows. Let’s begin!
If you guys own a gaming PC, or your PC has a dedicated GPU, chances are that the GPU is either an AMD chip or an Nvidia chip as well. AMD and Nvidia are the two leading manufacturers of GPUs, and normally, all you have to get your GPU working is the right driver actually. On Windows 10, these drivers are installed at set up, and they will normally update automatically as well.
How to Uninstall Geforce Experience in Windows
The GPU drivers update automatically on Windows 10, however, there can be a significant time gap between. When a driver update is available and when it’s available and also installed through Windows updates. You guys may be running an older driver for months or well over a year before you’re able to get it as well.
A quicker way to get the newest Nvidia drivers whenever they’re available is basically to install the GeForce Experience app. It will detect, download, and also install new drivers whenever they’re available.
Uninstall GeForce Experience
While the Nvidia GeForce Experience app is really great for getting the latest Nvidia drivers. It’s not important to keep it around for much else. Many users even report that it interferes with their system’s performance whenever it tries to optimize games. In that case, you guys can uninstall it.
- You have to open File Explorer.
- Then paste the following in the location bar, and tap Enter.
Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
- Just look for the Nvidia GeForce Experience app.
- Choose it, and then click the Uninstall button at the top.
- Now permit the app to be uninstalled.
- Then restart your system for good measure.
Delete residual folders
Many apps tend to leave behind residual folders or entries in the registry as well. Normally, these don’t cause problems, however, if uninstalling Nvidia GeForce Experience doesn’t actually fix the problems that you’re having, check for and delete residual folders as well.
- First of all, you have to open File Explorer.
- Now navigate to the following locations, one-by-one.
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local C:\Program Files (x86)
- Delete the Nvidia folders that you find as well. You will need admin rights in order to delete these folders.
- Then restart your system.
Failed Install/Uninstall Fix
If you guys are suffering from a botched installation of GeForce Experience. And have also encountered the dreaded ”NVIDIA Uninstaller cannot continue” error message Then here’s how you can remove the utility and reinstall it.
- Tap on ”My Computer” from the desktop.
- Navigate to ‘’C: Program Files (x86)NVIDIA CorporationGeForce Experience’’ as well.
- Now delete the GeForce Experience folder.
- You can visit the NVIDIA website and also download the latest version of GeForce Experience here.
- When you download it, then just double-click on the executable file and follow the instructions provided via the installation wizard.
Should the installation still fail to complete, just follows these steps.
- Tap on the Windows Start menu and then in the search bar type ‘’msconfig.exe’’.
- Choose the ‘’Best Match’’ option called ‘’System Configuration’’ as well.
- In MSConfig, tap on the tab called ‘’Services’’ as well.
- You have to tick the ”Hide all Microsoft services” box at the bottom of the window.
- Now below the list of services, and tap on ‘’Disable all’’.
- In the list, choose and then turn on all NVIDIA services.
- Tap on ”Apply,” then ‘’Restart Later’’ as well.
- You have to follow the uninstall steps in the ‘’Classic Uninstall’’ section above.
- Also, delete the GeForce Experience folder via navigating to Navigate to ‘’C: Program Files (x86)NVIDIA CorporationGeForce Experience’’ too.
- Now restart your PC.
- Also, download the latest version of GeForce Experience here.
- You can follow the installation Wizard.
If the problem still persists, then you may have to enter Regedit and delete all Windows registry entries linked to GeForce Experience. Then will effectively purge all traces of the program from the PC. Improperly editing the registry can severely affect the stability of Windows 10 as well. So just seek help from an experienced user before proceeding.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!