The passcode feature in the Apple iPhone is relatively good for security, but certainly bad if you don’t remember it. Therefore, unless a backup has been created before the phone is locked/disabled, the device data cannot be saved. You must delete the device. If you follow this exercise, you will delete all your data and settings. In any case, Apple makes sure it can unlock the locked iPhone.
How your Apple iPhone might get locked
You may have forgotten your password or entered it incorrectly several times. First of all, 5 attempts nothing happens, but when you enter the wrong password for the sixth time, you will receive the message that the iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 minute, the seventh time the iPhone is disabled, it will try again in 5 minutes, the octave The time is 15 minutes The ninth time is 60 minutes and the tenth time the iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes.
At this point, it is necessary to determine the course of action to be followed. For example, you have to choose a way to delete your device to delete your access code, if you have never synchronized with iTunes or set Search in my iPhone in iCloud, the recovery mode is the only option to restore your device, a company that deletes the device and its access code.
Also Read: Take a Screenshot on the Galaxy Note 10
How to unlock locked Apple iPhone
There are three ways to unlock the iPhone. You can choose one depending on the situation.
- Through iTunes
- By using DFU mode
- Using iCloud
Unlock locked iPhone Via iTunes
- Connect the device to a source and restart it.
- You will see an option to restore or update. Select the first one, or “Restore”.
- Once confirmed, your iPhone will immediately start downloading the software necessary for your device.
- Once the download process is complete, the phone will be ready to set up and used. Then go to Settings and scroll down until you find Touch ID and
- Select turn on passcode or Change passcode. The first simply requires setting a new access code, while the second requires entering the current access code before setting the new one.
- The process has a limitation: although it looks good, it often discards some music sync settings like podcasts and other items.
By using DFU mode
This is different from the recovery mode “since the DFU mode skips the iBoot bootloader on your iPhone. Also, before entering DFU mode, hold down the power and volume buttons for 5 seconds, then release it. Otherwise, this action brings to recovery mode instead of DFU mode. You can easily see if you have activated recovery mode or DFU mode. In DFU mode, the screen becomes completely black. You do not see white lines along the edges.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer by using the Lightning cable.
- Now make sure your iPhone appears in the device list.
- Press the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the power button until the iPhone screen goes black.
- Release the power button and simultaneously press the power button E and the volume down button for 5 seconds
- After 5 seconds, release the power button but continue pressing the button to reduce the volume.
- Pause for a few seconds. If you have been able to access DFU mode on your device, a message will be displayed: “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes” must be visible. Proceed from here normally to unlock the phone.
The last step is where you use iCloud. Using iCloud you can access your device if you are still connected to the Internet. With the iCloud account, you can delete when your iPhone is disabled.
The only criterion for making it work is that your iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max) or any other iPhone model must have “find my phone” enabled before it was disabled.
- Log in to your iCloud account with the same Apple account you had on your iPhone.
- Find your iPhone in the list.
- Tap the iPhone that has been disabled.
- Select “Erase iPhone” and follow the instructions on the screen.
This will reset your iPhone to factory settings. All your data will be lost, but you will recover access to your iPhone.
Also Read: How To Clear Cache From iPhone
Apple has offered several ways to restore your iPhone, but all at the cost of losing your data. While it helps from a security standpoint, I wish there was a way to unlock it by visiting a service center.
Leave a Reply