Huawei is one of the biggest brands in the Smartphone industry and Honor is the sub-brand of Huawei. Both Huawei and Honor devices running on EMUI that is their own custom UI. And as you know that Google has banned Huawei and it means Huawei cannot use Google Applications and Services on their phones. Because of this update on Huawei Phones also affected like updates are delayed. But now it is stabilizing and Huawei phones are receiving updates. So, In this article, we are going to tell you how to Install Emui 10 Update on Huawei. Let’s begin!
Well, in other Android phones, we can manually install Firmware or OTA but in Huawei, it is kind of different. You must be thinking that it is a negative point for Huawei but it is not because it is much easier to install the latest EMUI Update on Huawei and Honor Phones. EMUI 10 is the latest update from Huawei and some devices have already received the update. And many Huawei and Honor phones are still left to receive the EMUI 10 update. So if you do not know how to manually update your Huawei or Honor phone then this guide is definitely for you.
We will share how to download the EMUI 10 for your phone and how to install it on Huawei or Honor device. EMUI 10 comes with goodies. Like new Interface, Multi-screen collaboration, Always-on display, elastic touch, minimal design, Dark Mode, and more. It will also impact the performance of the phone on the positive side. So get ready for the latest EMUI 10 on your Huawei phone.
Install EMUI 10 on Huawei and Honor Phones
You do not need any external link to download update for Huawei devices. You can download the EMUI 10 update from one of the official Huawei apps. And so you do not have to worry about the security issue. Before you download you have to make sure of a few things that are given below.
Steps to Download EMUI 10 update
- Open the HiCare app on your Huawei or Honor phone.
- The app will ask to select the country, so select your country. You can also select another country if you want.
- After selecting the country the app will open its homepage and there click on the Update option.
- In the Update page click on ‘Check for Updates’ and it will display the EMUI 10 update if available. If it does not then check again in a few hours interval.
- When it shows the update click on ‘Download and Install’.
- A pop up will appear for confirmation so tap on the Continue option and wait for complete download.
- After downloading it will ask to reboot so click on Reboot and enjoy the latest EMUI 10 on your phone.
That is it this is an easy method to install EMUI 10 on Huawei and Honor devices. If the update is rolling out in different region then you can change the country in the app according to that region and then check for the update. It is not recommended. But you can still give it a try. In case if the above method did not work then below we have added one more method to install EMUI 10 on Huawei and Honor phone.
Install Emui 10 Update on Huawei Phone using Firmware Finder
There is an app call Firmware finder that is also used to get the latest EMUI updates on Huawei and Honor devices. So if the above method did not work for you then you can follow this method.
- Make sure that your Huawei or Honor device connected to an active internet connection.
- Go to Play Store or Huawei AppGallery and install the Firmware Finder for Huawei on your phone.
- Now open the Firmware finder app and it will detect your phone model and list the device model on top.
- Click on your phone model and it will show all the available Firmware including the latest update
- Then from the list click on the latest update firmware that you want to install.
- It will take you to the next page where you will find various update options. Click on the IN-APP PROXY. Then click on OK to pass the alert message.
- Now it will show information in rServer. Like rServer: localhost Port:8080. Remember both server and port number as we have to use it.
- Minimize the App (do not close the app) and make sure the proxy server is running in the background (you can check in the notification panel).
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to WiFi to which your device is connected. Modify the network and enter localhost in server and 8080 in port. You need to enter the same server and port that you found from the Firmware finder app. I have used Localhost & 8080 just for an example
- Once your device is connected to WiFi with custom server and port, go back to Settings.
- Then go to Updater in Settings and there it will show the latest available update (the same update that you choose from the available firmware list).
- Click on Update to start updating your Huawei or Honor phone to the latest version.
We took the test of these two methods and they are completely secure. Many users have tried and it is working for them very well. But one thing that you need to remember that it will only work if the EMUI 10 update is available in any region. Now you get to experience the EMUI 10 with unique features on your phone.
Alright, guys that were all Folks! I hope you guys like this Install Emui 10 Update article and find it helpful to you. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then feel free to ask us in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Enable 96Hz Refresh rate on Samsung S20