A version that Apple’s Ive release started years ago is growing. But what is behind the departure of Jony Ive from Apple?
For many, the announced departure of Jony Ive from Apple last week was very sudden. But a version is being formed to suggest that it had been coming out slowly for years as the company changed priorities from product design to operations. In a publication by Tripp Mickle, for the Wall Street Journal, it refers to a list of sufficient reasons for Ive to make the decision to leave Apple ; This lets us see that there is an image of dissatisfaction within Cupertino, which is responsible for “eroding the magic product” created by the union of the genius CEO and genius of Apple.
The WSJ report follows a similar version published by Bloomberg last week. Both reports describe an Apple design team, led by Jony Ive, increasingly frustrated by his absence after the launch of the Apple Watch in 2015. They tell the story of a company that once put design at the forefront, being progressively led for operational concerns. The absence of Ive was “to force the central cohesion for the development of the product”, according to the WSJ, which caused that several key members of the design team left Apple in the last years.
Motives of the Wall Street Journal about the departure of Jony Ive from Apple:
- Tim Cook “discouraged” him, who ” showed little interest in the product development process, ” according to sources who spoke to the WSJ. This helps explain why Cook, who comes from the area of operations, sometimes seems to be seeing products for the first time in the practical area after Apple events (like the photo at the top of this article).
- Every time I feel more frustrated because Apple’s board of directors was made up of directors with backgrounds unrelated to the main business of the company.
- Apple will pay Ive’s new firm, LoveFrom, “millions of dollars a year to continue working with Apple.”
- I do not agree with “some Apple leaders” on how to position the Apple Watch. I have pressed for the Apple Watch to be sold as a fashion accessory, not as an extension of the iPhone. The product that went on sale was a compromise. Apple only sold a quarter of what the company predicted in the first year, according to the WSJ, with “thousands” of the $ 17,000 gold models that Apple Watch Edition left unsold.
- The design team continues working on the AR glasses “that would give users visual screens of messages and maps”.
- The engineers discovered that the load platform of the AirPower (product canceled) “behaved more like a hot plate in a bedroom, heating the base and not evenly recharging the devices.”
What is a fact is that with the departure of Jony Ive are many doubts about the environment that lives in Apple and if it was right or wrong only time will tell.