Well, using your Google account to browse and watch videos on YouTube is really convenient. You guys can like, subscribe to, and comment on videos. In addition, whenever you use YouTube with your Google account. YouTube also shows you recommended videos based on your viewing history. You guys can also access your downloads and create playlists. And, if you yourself are an influencer, then you can own your YouTube channel or YouTube Studio. A lot of YouTubers have gained popularity and employment via this platform. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix YouTube Keeps Logging Me Out. Let’s begin!
Unfortunately, many users have also reported, ‘YouTube keeps signing me out’ error. It can be really frustrating if you have to log in to your account each and every time you open YouTube on a mobile app or web browser.
How to Fix YouTube Keeps Logging Me Out
Here are some reasons that may also be causing this issue:
- Corrupt cookies or cache files.
- Outdated YouTube app.
- Corrupt extensions or plug-ins are added to the web browser.
- YouTube account hacked.
Turn off VPN
If you guys have third-party VPN software installed on your PC, then it becomes hard for your PC to communicate also with YouTube servers. This may also be causing YouTube to keep logging me out of the issue. Just follow the steps below to turn off VPN:
- Head to the bottom right side of the taskbar.
- There, tap on the upward arrow and then right-tap on the VPN software.
- At last, click on Exit or a similar option.
Update the YouTube App
If you guys face the issue on your Android phone whenever using the YouTube app. Updating the app may help fix YouTube keeps signing me out of the issue. You guys have to follow the given steps to update the YouTube app on Android devices:
- Open Play Store from the app menu on your phone
- Next, click your profile picture and head to My Apps and Games.
- Then, find YouTube in the list, and click on the Update icon, if available.
Note: In the latest version of the Play Store, just click on your profile picture. Then, just navigate to Manage apps & device > Manage > Updates available > YouTube > Update.
Now, wait for the update process to be completed. Now, just check if the same issue persists.
Reset YouTube Password
The ‘YouTube keeps logging me out’ issue can also be caused if someone has access to your account. To make sure that your Google account is safe. You guys should change your password. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Head to the Account recovery page of Google via searching for Google Account Recovery in your web browser.
- Then enter your email ID or phone number. Then, tap on Next.
- Next, tap on the option that says ‘get a verification code at…’. You guys will receive a code on your mobile phone or another email, relying on the recovery information you entered whenever creating the account.
- Now, just check the code you received and then enter it into the Account recovery page.
- At last, follow the on-screen instructions in order to change your account password.
Delete Browser Cache and Cookies | youtube keeps logging me out
Whenever you visit a website, then the browser collects temporary data called cache and cookies. So that the next time you guys visit the website, it then loads faster. This basically speeds up your overall internet surfing experience. But, these temporary files could be corrupt. Thus, you have to delete them to fix YouTube keeps logging me out by itself issue.
Just follow the given instructions to clear browser cookies and cache from different web browsers.
For Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome browser. Then type chrome://settings in the URL bar, and click on Enter to go to settings.
- Then, scroll down and tap on Clear browsing data.
- Next, just choose All time in the time range drop-down box and then choose Clear data.
Note: Uncheck the box next to Browsing history if you do not want to delete it.
On Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge and type edge://settings in the URL bar. Click Enter.
- From the left pane, tap on Cookies and site permissions.
- Then, click on Manage and delete cookies and site data visible in the right pane as well.
- Next, just tap on See all cookies and site data.
- Finally, click on Remove all to get rid of all cookies stored in the web browser.
For Microsoft Edge:
- Open Edge and type edge://settings in the URL search bar. Then, click on Enter to launch Settings.
- Next, from the left pane, choose Cookies and site permissions.
For Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and type chrome://settings in the URL bar. Now, click on the Enter key.
- Next, click on Site Settings under Privacy and Security.
- Then turn the toggle on for Allowed(recommended).
Now, head back to YouTube and check if you can stay logged into your account. Hopefully, the issue has been fixed by now as well.
Remove Browser Extensions | youtube keeps logging me out
If removing browser cookies didn’t help, then deleting browser extensions might. Just the same as cookies, browser extensions can add ease and convenience to internet browsing. But, they can interfere with YouTube, potentially causing the ‘YouTube keeps signing me out’ issue.
On Microsoft Edge:
- Open Edge browser and type edge://extensions. Then, click on Enter.
- Now under the Installed Extensions tab, then turn the toggle off for each extension.
- Re-open the browser as well. If the issue got fixed, then implement the next step.
- Just like explained earlier, now find the faulty extension and Remove it.
On Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and type chrome://extensions in the URL search bar. Click on Enter to go to Chrome extensions as shown below.
- Turn off all extensions via turning the toggle off. Illustrated below is an example to turn off the Google Docs Offline extension.
- Now, access your YouTube account.
- If this could fix getting signed out of YouTube error, and then one of the extensions is faulty and also needs to be removed.
- Now turn on each extension one by one and then check if the problem occurs. This way, you guys will be able to determine that extensions are faulty.
- When you find out the faulty extensions, tap on Remove. Below is also an example for removing the Google Docs Offline extension.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!