Windows errors are basically of two types, the ones that do not do much harm, and the other that does not actually permit users to login. There are errors that avoid users from starting any application such as the ‘Another instance is running’ as well. So, what is the ‘Another instance is running’ error, and why it occurs in windows? So, in this article, we are going to talk about Another Instance is Running Error on Windows – Fix. Let’s begin!
Well, if you guys are using a Windows operating system for a while, then you might also know that the operating system is full of bugs as well. We are pretty sure that once in your lifetime, you guys have dealt with Windows BSOD errors right? However, Microsoft is swift in order to release updates in which it fixes previous bugs actually.
Another Instance is Running Error on Windows – Fix
Another Instance is Running error in Windows 10 has troubled quite a lot of users actually. Mostly, this error is triggered when you are starting one or more specific applications on your PC. Here, we give you with solutions in order to fix this error on your PC.
Uninstall Ad-Aware Web Companion
According to a lot of users, this issue occurs each and every time Windows 10 starts, and it seems that the culprit is Ad-Aware actually. This is a solid anti-spyware tool, however, like most of the other security tools, it also comes with Web Companion.
Users reported that Web Companion causes Another instance is basically running error to appear, and the only way in order to fix this problem is basically to uninstall the application.
In order to do that, you just have to follow these simple steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open the Settings app.
- Then head to the System section and then select Apps & features.
- A list of all installed applications will appear. Choose the Web Companion app and press the Uninstall button in order to delete it. If you guys can’t find this application, then you might have to delete Ad-Aware in order to fix the problem actually.
Users have also reported that removing Ad-Aware Web Companion actually fixes the problem. However, we have to mention that almost any other tool can also cause this error in order to appear. If the issue still persists, or if you guys do not use Ad-Aware at all. Then you might have to find the problematic application on your own and delete it as well.
Stop the problematic processes
Users reported that this issue occurs whenever they try to install AutoCAD software. It seems that this problem is basically caused by another AutoCAD process that is running in the background. So in order to fix the problem, you have to close that process actually.
This is a really simple procedure, and you guys can do it via using Task Manager. In order to close the problematic process, you have to do the following:
- Tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc in order to open Task Manager.
- Whenever Task Manager starts, then head to the Processes tab and look for any AutoCAD process. Right-click it and then select End Task from the menu. Now repeat this for all of the AutoCAD processes.
- After you end all of the problematic processes, just close Task Manager and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
You have to keep in mind that this problem can also affect almost any application and not just AutoCAD. Therefore make sure in order to close multiple instances of the problematic application and also check if that solves the problem or not.
Restart Your PC
If you guys are getting the ‘Another instance is running’ error message even after you close the background process. Then you need to restart your PC. A simple restart can also fix most of the Windows errors that also include Another instance is running. So, before you follow the next methods, make sure to restart your PC and check if the error persists or not. If you guys are still getting the error message after the restart, then just follow the next methods.
Reinstall the problematic application
According to some users, Another instance is a running error that appears whenever they try to run a particular application. Most of the users reported that the error appears whenever they try to run a specific game on their PC.
If you guys are having this error along with any game or application. Then we recommend that you reinstall it completely actually. After you reinstall the problematic software, then just check if the problem is resolved or not.
Create a new user account
Well, if you guys can find the problematic software or process associated along with the ‘Another instance is running’ error message. Then you do not have to create a new user account. But, if you guys are unable to find the problematic process or software. Then you can also create a new Windows 10 user account. In this way, you guys will get a separate account. And because the new user account will have no link along with the old one. You guys will not get the ‘Another instance is running’ error message as well.
Change the Startup type of Workstation service
The users reported that Another instance is running error appears whenever they try to install updates for certain Adobe products actually.
It actually seems that this error is related to the Workstation service in Windows 10. And in order to fix it, you have to change that service’s settings. In order to do that, you just have to follow these steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + R in order to open the Run dialog. Just enter services.msc and then tap Enter or click OK
- Services window will now appear as well. Now locate Workstation service and double-tap it in order to open its properties.
- You have to make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Then check the Service status. If it is not set to Running, then you need to start the service through tapping on the Start button.
- After you change the Startup type and starting the service. Now you need to tap on Apply and OK in order to save changes.
- You have to close the Services window and then try to install the application again actually.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: Different Ways To Fix ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED Chrome Error