Apple basically has a warranty for all its new and refurbished products. Whenever you guys buy a new Apple product, be it an iPhone, iPad, or MacBook as well. It comes along with a Limited Warranty of one year from the date of purchase. This actually means that Apple will take care of any defects or faults that plague your product in the first year of its use as well. You can also upgrade to a 3-year AppleCare+ Warranty for an extra charge. Apple also offers a lot of Extended Warranty packages that cover your product issues an additional year. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Check Apple Warranty Status – User Guide. Let’s begin!
Sadly, these are really expensive. Such as the extended warranty for a new MacBook Air starts at $249 (Rs.18,500), however, an extended warranty package for an iPhone costs nearly $200 (Rs.14,800) as well. You can also choose to opt for the said warranty considering the fact that fixing any problems along with your Apple product could potentially cost a lot more. For instance, a new screen for a MacBook Air will set you back via appx. Rs.50,000.
Click here in order to learn more about Apple Care packs along with Apple service and support coverage terms and conditions as well.
How to Check Apple Warranty Status – User Guide
Well, keeping track of your warranty, its type, and also the time period left before it expires, can be really a headache. Even more so, if you guys own multiple Apple products. Through this guide, we will also tell you three methods in order to check for the same, along with ease.
Check Coverage Website
As mentioned earlier, Apple also offers a Limited Warranty of one year along with all its products. Along with 90 days of complimentary Technical Support as well. You can also check Apple warranty status for your devices and Apple support coverage via visiting its check coverage website as explained below as well:
- First, open the given link on any web browser https://checkcoverage.apple.com/
- Now enter the Serial number of the Apple device for which you guys want to check Apple warranty status.
- You will, once again, see a number of coverages and supports, also indicating if they are Active or Expired, as depicted below.
This is a really good way in order to check Apple Warranty status whenever you have Device Serial Number, However, cannot remember your Apple ID and Password actually.
Apple My Support Website | Check Apple Warranty Status
Apple actually has a dedicated website from where you guys can access information about all of your Apple devices. You can also use this site to check Apple warranty status as follows:
- On your web browser, you have to visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/my-support
- Tap on Sign in to My Support, as shown.
- Log in along with your Apple ID and Password.
- You guys will be presented along with a list of Apple devices registered under the Apple ID along with that you logged in.
- Just tap on the Apple Device for which you guys want to check Apple warranty status as well.
- A. If you guys see Active accompanied via a green tick mark, then you are covered under the Apple warranty.
- B. If not, then you will see Expired accompanied via a yellow exclamation mark instead.
- Here, just check if you are eligible for AppleCare, and then proceed to purchase the same if you want to.
This is actually the quickest way to check Apple Warranty status as well as Apple service and also support coverage for all your devices.
My Support App
My Support App via Apple facilitates its users in order to check Apple warranty status on their iPhones. It is a really great alternative to check Apple service and support coverage. Especially if you guys are using multiple Apple devices. Rather than having to constantly go through serial numbers or logging in along with your Apple ID every time. My Support App also gives the required info along with just a couple of quick taps on your iPhone or iPad.
Because the application is only available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad. It can neither be downloaded on your Mac nor be used in order to check Apple service and support coverage for macOS devices.
- First, you have to download My Support from the App Store.
- When downloaded, then tap on your name and avatar.
- From here, just click on Coverage.
- A list of all the Apple devices via the same Apple ID will be displayed on the screen. Along with their warranty and also coverage status.
- If a device is not in the warranty period, then you guys will see Out of Warranty displayed next to the device.
- Click on the device to view Coverage Validity & Available Apple service & support coverage options as well.
Additional Apple Serial Number Lookup | Check Apple Warranty Status
Visit Apple ID Webpage
In order to know the serial number of any of your Apple devices, just
- Simply, visit appleid.apple.com actually.
- Log in via your Apple ID and password as well.
- Choose the desired device under the Devices section in order to check its serial number.
From Device Info
- In order to know the serial number of your Mac,
- Tap on the Apple icon.
- Choose About This Mac, as depicted below.
- To find out the serial number of your iPhone, you have to
- Just open the Settings app.
- Head to General > About.
Just like that, you can also find device serial number on:
- The receipt or invoice of the purchase.
- The original packaging box.
- The device itself.
Note: MacBooks have their serial number displayed on the underside of the machine, however, iPhone serial numbers are on the back.
Understanding What’s Covered by Your Warranty
Apple’s limited one-year warranty basically covers manufacturer defects, also including poor battery performance or faults that arise from regular use. It does not cover accidental damage, such as a cracked screen caused via a drop. Apple will also check certain markers (such as strips that detect moisture inside the chassis). In order to determine if any damage has been caused via the user error.
AppleCare+ gives additional coverage, also including two incidents of accidental damage, for two years. The costs vary relying on the device, along with the more expensive iPhone 12 Pro. That are costing $200 ($270 with loss protection) and the standard iPhone 12 costing $150 ($220 with loss protection) as well.
Every AppleCare+ plan also covers you for two incidents of accidental damage. If you guys break your screen, and then you’ll have to pay a service fee of $29. For any other damages, the fee goes up to $99. It might be worth checking out if you already have contents insurance or coverage along with your credit card. That may also cover incidents just like these.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!