Computers, phones, etc. are a really great source of storage and they save lots of data & files in them which are in different formats according to their usage. Such as, the .docx file format is used for creating documents, the .pdf file format is also used for the read-only documents. There you won’t be able to make any changes, as well. Furthermore, if you have any tabular data, such data files are in .csv format, and if you have any compressed file it will also be in .zip format, lastly, any file developed in .net language is actually in ASPX format, etc. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Open Any ASPX File in Windows 10 – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Some of these files can also open easily and some of them need to convert into another format for accessing them. And the ASPX format file is one of them. The files which are in ASPX format cannot be opened directly in Windows and they have to be first converted into PDF format as well.
ASPX file: ASPX also stands as an extension of Active Server Pages. This is first developed and introduced via Microsoft company. A file with ASPX file extension is basically an active server page extended file. That is a design for Microsoft’s ASP.NET framework as well. Microsoft’s website and some other websites have an ASPX file extension instead of other extensions such as .html and .php. ASPX files are generated through a web server and also contain scripts and also source codes. That helps communicate to a browser how a web page should be opened and displayed as well.
Windows don’t really support ASPX extension and that is why if you want to open the .aspx extension file that you won’t be able to do so. The only way in order to open this file is to first convert it to another extension that supports via Windows. Generally, ASPX extension files are converted into PDF format as the .aspx extension file can easily be read in PDF format as well.
What is an .aspx file
ASPX basically stands for Active Server Page Extended file. They are pages often creates along with the Microsoft Visual Web Developer for the Microsoft ASP.NET framework. They are many times called .Net web forms.
Most times, you guys can find the .aspx extension on files downloaded from a site. These files shouldn’t be mistaken for Web Handler files ASHX as well. The ASPX files are server-generated Web pages and are most of the time in C# or VBScript as well.
Microsoft developed the ASP.NET framework in order to replace the Active Server Page (ASP) in 2002. Web developers use this web application framework in order to produce dynamic applications and websites.
How to Open Any ASPX File in Windows 10 – Tutorial
There are a lot of ways to open the .ASPX file and some of them are below:
Convert the file into a PDF file
As ASPX is actually an Internet media type document, so along with the help of modern browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, etc. You can view & open the ASPX file on your computers through converting them into a PDF file.
In order to use the web browser to view the file, you guys have to follow the below steps:
- Right-tap on the file has .aspx extension.
- From the menu bar that appears, then tap on Open with.
- Now under the Open with context menu choose Google Chrome.
Note: If Google Chrome does not really appear then tap on “Choose another app” and then browse under Program file. Then choose the Google Chrome folder and finally choose the Google Chrome application.
- Tap on Google Chrome and now your file can be easily opened locally in the browser as well.
You can select any other browser also like Microsoft Edge, Firefox, as well.
Now you can see your aspx file in any of the Web browsers supported via Windows 10. However, if you want to see the aspx file on your PC, then first convert it into pdf format. And then you can easily see the contents of the aspx file.
To convert the aspx file into pdf follow the below steps:
- First, open the aspx file in the Chrome browser then tap on Ctrl + P key to open the Print page pop-up window.
- Now from the Destination drop-down then choose “Save as PDF“.
- After selecting Save as PDF option, tap on the Save button marked along with blue color to convert the aspx file into a pdf file.
After completing the above steps, your aspx file will then convert into a pdf file and you can open it on your PC and can see its content easily.
You can also convert the aspx file to a pdf file via the online converters. Converting the files can also take some time. However, you will get a downloadable pdf file. Some of these online converters are:
In order to convert the aspx file into pdf using these online converters you just have to upload your aspx file and tap on the Convert to PDF button. Relying upon the file size, your file will then convert into PDF and you guys will see a download button. Tap on it and your PDF file will be downloaded which you now easily open on Windows 10 as well.
Rename the file ASPX file
If you try to open the .aspx file extension, however, find out that Windows is unable to open this file extension actually. Then one simple trick can permit you to open this type of file. Just rename the extension of the file from .aspx to .pdf and then voila! Now the file will open in PDF reader without even any issues as PDF file format supports via Windows.
In order to rename file from .aspx extension to .pdf follow the below steps:
- To rename any file, first of all, then make sure that your computer settings are now set up in such a way. That you can see the extension of any file. So, for that follow the below steps:
- Open the Run dialog box via pressing Windows key + R.
- Then type the below command in the Run box.
- Tap on OK or hit the enter button on your keyboard. Below dialog box will also appear.
- Now switch to the View Tab.
- Now uncheck the box corresponding to Hide extensions for known file types.
- Tap on Apply button and then click on the OK button.
- As of now, you are able to see the extensions for all the files, then right-click on your .aspx extension file.
- Choose Rename from the right-click context menu.
- Now just change the extension from .aspx to .pdf
- You will get a warning that via changing the extension of the file, then it may also become unusable. Tap on Yes.
- Your file extension will then change to .pdf as well
Now the file opens in the PDF format that supports via Windows, so just go ahead and open it. Read or see the information in the file without even any issues.
Many times, the above method does not work as simply renaming the file can corrupt the contents of the file. In that case, you guys have to look for alternative methods which we have discussed below.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!