Android phones have become really famous in this technology-driven world. Due to its ease & availability, Folks now prefer to use their smartphones over PCs & Laptops. If the task is related to office work or surfing the internet or paying utility bills or shopping, as well as streaming & gaming, users choose to do it on their smartphones, on the go as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Block Private Numbers in Android. Let’s begin!
Well, despite the ease of operation & management on your phone, your contact number sharing cannot be avoided. Due to this, the most common issue that cellular users face is getting many spam calls. These calls are mostly from telemarketing companies trying to sell products, or from your service provider informing you about new offers, or strangers who want to be pranksters as well. It is a pestering nuisance. It becomes even more frustrating whenever such calls are made from private numbers.
Note: Private numbers are those numbers whose phone numbers are not even displayed on the receiving end. thus, you end up taking the call, thinking that it might be someone important as well.
How to Block Private Numbers in Android
You can also block a phone number or a contact on your smartphone via following these easy steps:
- Just open the “Phone” app from the home screen.
- Choose the “Number” or “Contact” you want to block from your call history then click on the “Information” icon from the available options.
- Click on the “More” option from the bottom menu bar.
- At last, tap on the “Block contact” option, followed by the “Block” option on the confirmation box in orderto block that number from your device.
Let us now discuss many methods that you can use to block private or unknown numbers on your smartphone.
Using your Mobile Settings
You can also access the “Call settings” on your Android phone via “Mobile settings”. Just follow the given steps to block private numbers on a Samsung smartphone:
- Open your Mobile “Settings” and choose the “Apps” option from the menu. You will get access to the list of installed apps on your smartphone as well.
- Choose the “Samsung apps” option from it.
- Now locate and tap on the “Call settings” option from the given list. You can also view your call settings here. Choose the “Block numbers” option from the menu.
- Click on the switch adjacent to “Block unknown/private numbers” to stop receiving calls from private numbers on your Android device.
Using your Call Settings | Block Private Numbers
- Just open the “Phone” app from the home screen.
- Click on the “three-dotted” menu on the top right corner of your screen and choose the “Settings” option from the given list of options. You can also access your call settings here.
- Just choose the “Block numbers” or “Call blocking” option from the menu.
- Now, tap on the switch adjacent to “Block unknown/private numbers” in order to stop receiving calls from private numbers on your Android device.
Using third-party apps on your Android device | Block Private Numbers
If your Android version does not come along with the pre-installed blocking option. Then you will have to install a third-party app to block or unknown numbers from your phone. You can also find various apps available on Google Play Store like Truecaller, Calls Blacklist – Call Blocker, Should I Answer, Call Control – SMS/Call Blocker, as well. This method will explain the steps involved in blocking private as well as unknown numbers through the Truecaller app:
- Just install the “Truecaller” app from the “Google Play Store”. Open the app.
- Then verify your “Number” and give the required “Permissions” to the app. Now, click on the “three-dotted” menu and then select the “Settings” option.
- Click on the “Block” option from the menu.
- At last, scroll down to the “Block hidden numbers” option and click on the button adjacent to it. This will block all private or unknown numbers from your phone.
- Plus, you can choose “Block top spammers” to block spam calls from your phone that many other users have declared as spam.
How can I block calls from unknown numbers?
You can block calls from unknown numbers via going to your call settings. Then choose the “Block” option, followed via the “Block private/unknown numbers” option. If you guys can’t access these settings on your phone, then you can download a third-party app from the Play Store.
Is there an app to block private numbers?
Is it possible to block private numbers?
Yes, it is also possible to block private numbers on your Android smartphone. All you have to do is turn on the “Block private/unknown numbers” option under your call settings as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!