Google Maps is one of the most used services in our daily life during travel. We use it to get browsing, find locations and even find more information about a particular location on the Web. Like all services, any information related to our search and navigation history has recorded with the account. In this guide, you will learn how to clear search and location history in Google Maps on Android.
How to clear search history and location on Google Maps on Android
You will see previous searches, locations explored as you open the Google Maps app on your Android smartphone. These are the simplest methods to delete all the search, location and navigation history on Google Maps using the Android smartphone.
One of the best parts, which sometimes turns out to be worse, in Google Maps is the search and location suggestion based on our history. When we try to search for a location, it will show the results of the previous search and the locations visited. To prevent some situations from being inconvenient when viewing the search history, the only way is to clear the entire search history.
Below you will know how you can do it.
Steps to clear your search history / individual location
Deleting the search history or Location History in the Google Maps app is much more difficult than deleting all the history. Individual results must be reviewed and eliminated one by one.
- Open the Google Maps app on your Android phone.
- Scroll from left to right to open the hamburger slider menu. Tap “Settings”.
- Choose Maps History from the Settings menu. There you can see all the search and location history. Tap the “X” sign on each of the records to permanently remove the item from your account.
Steps to delete the entire Google Maps history
Removing all search history and location on Google Map is easier than deleting them individually. It will permanently delete all location history data from your Google account. Data cannot be restored once deleted. Therefore, remove all the search history carefully.
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Scroll to the right and open the settings.
- Choose “Personal contents” from the menu of settings.
- Scroll Down and tap “Delete All Location History” to clear all at once.
- Check the “I Agree” box and tap the “Delete” button.
The data will soon be deleted from your account and you will never have access to such data. Furthermore, it could affect the correct functioning of other Google services such as Google Now, Google Search, Google Assistant, etc.
Steps to pause the location history
Like the YouTube app on Android, you can also prevent Google Maps from storing your location and search history. After turning it off, the Google account will no longer keep its record in location data. Also, connected apps may not receive the same.
- Open Google Maps => Settings.
- Go to Personal Content in the settings menu.
- Scroll down and find the option “Location history is on”, tap it.
- In the next window, toggle off the “Use Location History” option to block the Google Account from storing your location data.
Location and search history are crucial parts of personal data. Therefore, to avoid infringement, it is a good idea to remove them frequently.