As we all know, Apple’s iCloud is only for Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc. Therefore, an expensive Apple device may be required to create an iCloud email ID. But when you switch to an Android smartphone, most users leave their email ID with the tail @icloud.com. Are you thinking of not using it anymore or do you still want to use it? below you can find the solution to easily set up an iCloud account on your Android device.
Set Up An iCloud Account – Android
Unlike Apple iPhone devices, there are no direct ways to access your account with any app or website. But if you have an Internet connection, an email app, and a little patience, it’s easier to configure manually. With a similar method, you can also transfer your contacts from the iCloud account to your device running Droid.
Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the default email app or Gmail app on your Android smartphone. You can also use any third-party email client app to set up iCloud email.
- Tap Add account => Other from the list. Enter your iCloud email ID in the field. And enter your password.
- Tap on Manual Setup.
- Choose “IMAP” and set the server as mail.me.com. Set the port to “993” and select SSL / TLS as the security type. In the following window, select the outgoing server settings as follows:
- SMTP server: smtp.mail.me.com / Security: STARTTLS / Port: 587. Also, enter your username and tap Next.
- Your email account will now be set up on your device. The email will synchronize when you connect to the Internet.
Moving the existing iCloud email ID on the new Android smartphone does not change your mailbox. While using the iPhone, he was able to set up the account in simple steps. But, when it came to Android, several additional steps were needed because the manual setup was required.
Also Read: Clear Search And Location History In Google Maps – Android
Alternative methods to set up an iCloud account on Android
If you do not wish to set up your e-mail account with third-party e-mail apps, you can use Google’s Gmail app or any other reliable app. Another way is to access your account via the browser.
- Open any web browser app on your smartphone. Enter the icloud.com/mail address in the browser address bar and visit the site. If you have a problem while loading, tap on the ellipsis button and select “Desktop site”.
- Log in to your account with your username/email ID and password. After logging in, you can see the iCloud web launch platform that allows you to access more services on the iCloud platform, including contacts, e-mails, numbers, notes, memos, etc.
- Access the email account from the browser, but in desktop mode. Therefore, the web version is not really recommended.
Have you just moved to Android from iOS? Was it easy to set up an iCloud account on Android? Feel free to tell us your methods to use iCloud emails on your Android smartphone.
Leave a Reply