Discord is basically a chatting platform introduced as an alternative to Skype. It is one of the most prominent apps in order to communicate with your mates and pals. It also offers a tight-knit community and has completely changed the concept of group chats as well. Skype has primarily been affected by Discord’s popularity it being evolved as the best platform for text chat as well. However, who wants to read those old messages sent one or two years back? They just use the device space and then make it slow. Deleting messages in Discord is not actually a cakewalk as the platform does not offer any such direct method. In this article, we are going to talk about Mass Delete Discord Private Messages – User Guide. Let’s begin!
Well, maintaining your Discord server via getting rid of old messages is seriously a headache. There might be thousands of unwanted messages that are taking a large space inside your Discord server. There are multiple methods available in order to delete all messages in Discord. In this article, we will also discuss the best ways to clear your DM history in Discord and also get rid of all those old messages.
Mass Delete Discord Private Messages – User Guide
Discord does not really give any direct method to delete all messages at once. You guys might find yourself in a problem if you then try to break Discord’s rules and regulations as well. There are actually two types of messages in Discord.
Types of Messages in Discord
Discord basically offers two types of distinct messages:
1. Direct Messages (DM): These are the text messages that are private and held between two users.
2. Channel Messages (CM): There are text messages that are sent to a channel or a particular group.
Both of these text messages actually work differently and have different rules. Whenever Discord was initially launched, users could easily delete the messages in bulk, however, not now. It is because thousands of users mass deleting their messages directly affects Discord’s Database as well. The application has come up along with a lot of rules and regulations that are also affecting its popularity.
Even then, there are a lot of ways that can be used to clear all messages in Discord. Below are some of the simplest methods to handle both Direct messages and also Channel messages to help you clear the Discord Server space as well.
Ways to Delete All Messages in Discord | delete discord private messages
There are different ways in order to delete channel messages and direct messages. We will also explain both methods for easier understanding as well.
Deleting Channel Messages in Discord
Deleting channel messages in Discord can be done via multiple methods as well. You guys can follow any of these below-mentioned methods for deletion, however, make sure you are following the rules correctly:
Method 1: Manual Method
Follow the steps to delete channel messages in Discord manually:
- Tap on the Chat panel that you guys want to delete.
- Hover over the Messages, the ‘three dots’ icon will actually appear on the far right corner of the message.
- Tap on the three dots icon present on the visible screen, then a pop-up menu will appear. From the pop-up menu, click on ‘Delete‘.
- Now a confirmation window will appear. It will ask then you about the deletion confirmation. Now you have to check the box and tap the Delete button, and you guys are done!
It is actually the easiest method to get rid of unwanted messages. This method will also take a lot of time since it doesn’t really allow bulk deletion of messages. But, there are some other methods also available that can be used for bulk deletion of channel messages as well such as the Bot method too.
Well, this method might be a bit confusing, however, it is beneficial. There is a lot of bot software that allows you to delete group or channel messages in bulk. Our recommendation is the MEE6 bot that is one of the best for this specific task. You first have to install the MEE6 bot on the device and then pass the commands. Just follow the steps below in order to install MEE6 on your discord server.
- Head on to the MEE6 website (https://mee6.xyz/) in order to login into your discord server.
- Now after visiting the website, just click on the Add on Discord then click ‘Authorize’ and then tap on your appropriate server.
- Well, doing this will enable and permit bots in order to perform changes inside your server.
- You can authorize the MEE6 bot to delete/modify your messages via clicking on ‘Continue‘ and granting all the due permissions.
- Now after you have granted all the permissions, just complete the CAPTCHA and that appears for user verification.
- This will basically install the MEE6 robot inside your Discord Server.
- Now, you guys can easily use commands the following commands:
‘@!clear @username‘ in order to delete the latest 100 messages of the particular user.
‘!clear 500‘ to delete the latest 500 messages of the particular channel.
‘!clear 1000‘ to delete the latest 1000 messages of the particular channel.
Increase the number in order to delete more messages. Now, you can refresh the page to reflect changes. Although this method sounds a bit tricky, also it is one of the easiest ways to delete channel messages in bulk.
You can follow the steps in order to delete channel messages in Discord manually:
- Tap on the Chat panel that you guys wish to delete.
- Hover over the Messages, then the ‘three dots’ icon will appear on the far right corner of the message.
- Tap on the three dots icon present on the visible screen, a pop-up menu will then appear. From the pop-up menu, you have to click on ‘Delete‘.
- A confirmation window will then appear. It will basically ask you about the deletion confirmation. Just check the box and click the Delete button, and you are done!
It is actually the easiest method to get rid of unwanted messages. This method will basically take a lot of time as it doesn’t really allow bulk deletion of messages. But, there are some other methods also available that can also be used for bulk deletion of channel messages as well such as the Bot method too.
Cloning the Channel
If MEE6 isn’t really working for you, don’t worry, then we have another solution. This method also deletes messages in bulk as well. Do you guys know what cloning actually means? Here, it basically means creating a copy of the channel without even its old messages. Make sure to make the list of bots you have in the channel ahead as cloning does not iterate them over the new channel. You can follow the steps mentioned below in order to clone your channel:
- Just hover over the channel, right-click, and tap on the ‘Clone Channel‘ option available.
- You guys can also rename the cloned channel and tap on the Create Channel button.
- Then you can either Delete the older version or just leave it.
- Now add the bots you need on the newly created channel.
Cloning the channel is also one of the easiest ways in order to vanish channel messages in Discord. It will also add old users to the new cloned channel, along with the same settings.
Deleting Direct Messages in Discord
Technically, Discord does not really allow you to delete direct messages (DM). If you guys don’t want to see messages, then you can close your chat panel and delete the chats’ copy. Doing this will basically vanish your messages temporarily, and also will always be available in other person’s chats. You guys can delete the local copy of messages via following the steps below.
- You can open the Chat panel of the person along with whom you have exchanged direct messages.
- Click on the ‘Message‘ option visible on the screen.
- Press the ‘Direct Message‘ option on the top left side of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Conversation‘ option and click on the Delete (X).
- This will basically delete the ‘Direct Messages‘ at least from your end.
Note: You guys will not get the confirmation dialogue box after tapping on the cross. So, just make sure you do each and everything purposely and not along with the chats that are important.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “delete discord private messages” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!