Discord is one of the most famous causal messaging apps that is available for the Windows 10 platform. It has companion apps for macOS, iOS, and also Android as well. That actually means that you guys can stay connected from just about any type of device. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix the Discord Setup Failed Error – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Discord is free of cost; you guys need to create an account and you can add friends, and join public or also private servers. Discord also has a web version that you can use from a modern browser, however, it’s often best in order to install the desktop version.
How to Fix Discord Setup Failed Error – Tutorial
Discord is really easy to install; you guys can download the EXE from the official Discord website. Then run the executable file and Discord will be installed as well. Installation needs admin access, however, that holds true for all apps that are installed on a Windows 10 system as well. You guys can also run the EXE in order to update Discord.
If you guys are trying to install Discord on Windows 10, and then you get the ‘Failed to extract installer’ error, then it’s fairly easy to fix as well.
Clean install Discord
This fix applies if you guys have installed and uninstalled Discord in the past. There are likely to be some residual files and folders on the system that can actually cause problems.
- Make sure Discord isn’t running in the system tray actually. And quit it if it is.
- Then open Task Manager and quit each and everything related to Discord.
- Now open File Explorer.
- Just enter this
%AppData%/in the location bar and delete the Discord folder.
- now repeat this for this location:
- Restart the system as well.
- Just run the Discord installer.
Extract Discord EXE
If this is the first time you guys are installing Discord, or if the previous fix didn’t really do the job. Then you may need to manually move a file to the Discord installation folder actually.
Pre-requisite: You guys need an archive extraction app such as 7zip installed on your system.
- First of all, run the Discord EXE file. Leave the error message on your screen actually.
- Right-tap on the Discord EXE file and extract it.
- The extracted folder will actually have a file called Discord-0.0.309-full.nupkg inside it.
- Just open File Explorer.
- Now navigate to this location:
- You can paste the Discord-0.0.309-full.nupkg file in the folder.
- Then right-tap on the Discord-0.0.309-full.nupkg file and extract it.
- When extracted, then just go to
\Discord-0.0.309-full\lib\net45in the extracted folder.
- Atlast un the Discrod.exe file in order to install the app.
Turn off antivirus | discord setup failed
Most of the users that run into this problem report they were using McAfee on their system. Disabling it allowed Discord in order to install normally. Disable whichever antivirus you guys are using on Windows 10 and turn on Windows Defender. Windows Defender will not interfere along with Discord and your system won’t be at risk as well.
Terminate all Discord processes
- Tap on the Start button + R in order to open the Run box
- Then type in the Run window, once at a time
- When you locate the Discord folder, then just make sure that you delete it
- Restart your system as well
- Now reinstall then Discord from the official website
There you guys have it, these are some of the most reliable and easy ways in order to help you fix any issues. That were stopping the extraction of Discord installation files actually.
Well, sing WinZip is guaranteed to help you get the job done when scanning your device from malware. And ending many other unnecessary Discord processes are also useful steps that will also fix the error as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!