Well, playing the Family Feud game on Zoom is easily possible. All you have to do is invite your friends and family over to a Zoom meeting and then share the screen of the game being played online as well. Here’s everything you have to start and play the Family Feud game on Zoom. In this article, we are going to talk about How To Play Family Feud On Zoom – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Getting stuck at home may get you guys a bit stressed, so just playing games over Zoom isn’t a really bad idea. We’d admit, that the drinking games on Zoom are all the rage right now. However, there are also some really other fun games to play too.
One such game is Family Feud that you guys can also play on Zoom. This game, inspired via a famous American TV show, is extremely enjoyable. Additionally, you don’t need any additional accessories. Only a mobile/laptop and a Zoom account would do actually.
Besides Family Feud, you can also kill the time via playing games such as Heads up and Quiplash on Zoom. And if you are in the mood for adventure, then playing Scavenger hunt on Zoom is a really fantastic idea.
What is Family Feud?
“Family Feud” is a famous TV game show that pits two families against each other in a friendly yet competitive battle of the wits. Each team or family comprises five members actually. There are three rounds, and whichever team wins all three or two out of three basically wins the game. The winning team gets cash prizes as well.
Now, a really fun fact about this game is that its format has almost remained unchanged over time. Apart from a few minor changes, it is exactly the same as the first edition of the show. As mentioned earlier, the game primarily has actually three main rounds. Each round projects a random question, and also the player has to guess the most likely answers to that question too. These questions are not factual or also have any definite correct answer. Rather, the answers are decided based on a 100 people survey. The top eight responses are selected and also ranked according to their popularity. If a team can guess the right answer, then they are given points. The more famous the answer is, the more points you guys get for guessing it.
Well, at the start of the round, one member from each team fights for control of that round. They try to guess the most famous answer on the list after hitting the buzzer. If they fail, and also the opponent team member manages in order to outrank him/her in terms of popularity, and then the control goes to the other team. Now the whole team takes turns to guess one word. If they make three wrong guesses (strikes), and then the control is transferred to the other team. When all the words are disclosed, the team along with the highest points wins the round.
There is also a bonus ‘Fast Money’ round for the winning team too. In this round, two members participate and try to answer the question in a really short span of time. If the two members’ total score is up to 200, then they win the grand prize.
Setting up Zoom
- First of all, download and install the Zoom app on your PC actually. Open the app, and then sign in again. If this is your first time, then you will have to sign up first. The link below will help you as well.
- When Zoom is installed, create a new meeting. Choose the ‘Start with video’ option in order to show yourself on Zoom. If you want to hide yourself, then uncheck the video option whenever starting the new meeting.
- To invite your friends, you have to tap on ‘Manage participants’ on the meeting’s screen. And then after that tap on the ‘Invite’ option, situated at the bottom of the ‘Participants’ panel.
- Now copy the invite message, and then share it with your friends through a private message, email, or any other platform as per your liking.
Play the game on Zoom via either Method 1 or Method 2
Here are two methods in order to play it. Method 1 involves offline preparation and then you can also play it over a Zoom meeting. This method basically lets you design the questions yourself and thus great customization. You can also even change the questions suitably to have a different experience each and every time you play the game.
While, under Method 2, you can also play the game online on MSN games.
Method 1: Plan it yourself and play on zoom
Family Feud as we all know it is one of the most famous daytime reality shows on television right now and for good reason. It is actually a platform where families can gel together, answer quirky questions, and then watch each other crumble under the pressure, however, they give answers to survey questions as well.
However, the above guide might help you to play family feud easily through your browser, you guys do not get control over the kind of questions that you get to ask each other. Further, it lacks the presence of a dumbfounded host which in turn makes the game a lot funnier as well. Well, there is a simple way in order to play family feud along with your friends and family over Zoom, however, with your own selection of questions.
What’s more, you guys get to put on your best Steve Harvey impression. However, you help the two groups compete against each other. Let’s now see how you can achieve this.
Things you will need
- Zoom account in order to host and conduct the meeting
- A selection of handpicked questions (that refer to our question bank at the end of this guide)
- A thick manly mustache (optional)
How to play the Family Feud On Zoom under Method 1
Make sure you guys have set up the Zoom meeting as discussed in Part 1 of the guide.
- Grab a piece of paper and jot down all the questions that you guys feel are fit for the group at hand. Make sure you have a list of at least 10 to 15 questions as well. This will provide each team a fair chance in order to make a comeback even if they are lagging behind during the initial phase of the game. For the list of questions, check out the pages that we have shared below in the ‘Questions banks’ section below.
- Now just start a Zoom meeting (as given above) along with all the group members that are supposed to play family feud along with you and divide them into two teams. Each and every team should have a minimum of 3 and also a maximum of 5 players.
- When done, then give each team a name or let them pick one themselves. This will make it easier for you in order to track the score as well as address them in the middle of the game.
- Now start via sharing your whiteboard with the entire group and use the annotate tools. In order to create two columns in the far right corner of the whiteboard. Provide each column a corresponding name to the teams at hand.
These columns will also help you to track the total scores of each team that will help you to decide on a winner at the end of the game. The winner can then play for the bonus ‘Fast Money’ round where you guys can have an actual prize like a gift card, a game pass, or anything virtual that also has monetary value in these times of social distancing.
In order to make things interesting, you can ask the whole group to contribute towards the Fast Money reward via making particular contributions. This will drastically increase the stakes and provide everyone an added incentive to push for the win.
- When you have set up the scoreboard in the far-right, proceed in order to create another two columns in the middle of your screen, along with 5 rows. These will act as the columns where you guys put correct answers relying on each team’s score.
- Open the clock application on your PC/mac in the background and then switch to the ‘Timer’ mode. Now set a timer for 20 seconds as your time limit as well. You can even decrease it to 15s if you and your friends watch the show regularly and are really competitive.
- When the clock is set up, you are ready to start the game. Simply call two participants from the respective teams and then use the timer to time your first question. Put the relevant answers on the whiteboard when you go along and play the game just like you normally would. When a round is completed, you can use the erase tool in order to wipe the current scores and start again.
This way you guys will be able to play Family Feud with your friends and family for hours when keeping track of their scores in real-time.
Tip: Use Zoom’s side-by-side view to your advantage if you are the host of the game actually. This will permit you to view the video feed of all your participants when controlling and annotating the whiteboard as well.
How can you set up the game online under Method 2:
Make sure that you have set up the Zoom meeting as discussed in Part 1 of the guide.
Visit: Family Feud online game
- When the game’s page loads up, click on the ‘Play Free Online’ button in order to start the game. Let the game load up, and then tap on next to get the game going.
- Before starting the game, let’s just first make the screen visible to all the players via sharing this screen.
- On your Zoom meeting screen, tap on the ‘Share Screen’ button, and then choose the game’s window. Make sure to select the ‘Share computer sound’ option so that players can hear the game’s sound.
- Now it’s time to play the game as well.
- Be the host/narrator and read out all questions to your gang as well. It is also your responsibility to tap on the options based on their answers as well
Rules for playing the game under Method 2
Apart from the host, there should be 10 players as well. Just make two teams of five members each. For your convenience, provide them names like Team A and Team B. Host doesn’t actually play the game. There will be three rounds and for each round random questions will then pop up on your screen.
The participants can also see those questions because they are seeing your screen. You can still read out these questions to each and every team and when they give you an answer. Then just type it in the given blank space and click ‘Submit.
The closer the answers are to the famous survey answers, and the higher will be the score of the team giving the answer.
For each wrong answer you get a strike, so just beware. As soon as you get three strikes, then the round will be over for you.
You can only reach the ‘Fast Money’ round if your combined score of the first three rounds is good actually. In this bonus round, you have to answer five questions and the maximum score you can get is 200 as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!