Find Out Logged QuickBooks: QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software solutions. It is ideal for small and medium companies. It enables you to manage your finances while providing detailed information about your vendors, customers, and employees.
Depending on the pricing choice you apply for, QuickBooks enables you to access their system either through a web app or desktop software installed on your computer. The user-friendly interface lets you quickly check all the information vital for your business, such as accounting details or your product inventory.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks app.
- Log in as Admin.
- Tap the “Company” tab from the app’s top menu bar.
- Then tap the “Users” choice.
- Click “View Users”.
A pop-up menu appears in which you’ll see the list of all app users. Each user that’s currently logged in will have a “(logged on)” text next to their name.
Find Out Logged QuickBooks
LOGGED OFF USER APPEARING AS STILL LOGGED IN
Certainly, a user may log out of their QuickBooks app but still remain logged in on the server. To log them off, you can use the app’s internal messaging service.
- At first, open the QuickBooks as admin and click the “Company” tab on the top menu.
- Tap “Chat with a Coworker”.
- Now click the “Actions” drop-down menu.
- Choose “Close Company File for Users”.
- Choose the username of the user you want to log off.
- Tap the “Close Company File” option.
- A confirmation window appears. If you’re sure you want to log off this user, click “Yes”.
It should now log off the user. Next time they want to use the app, they simply need to log in as they usually do, since there haven’t been any changes to their log in parameters.
ADMIN CAN’T LOG OFF A USER THROUGH THE MESSENGER APP
If you were not able to log off the stuck user using QuickBooks’ messenger app. It might be because they have another instance of the app running on their PC. Also, the problem could be with the messenger service, which doesn’t properly process your command at this point, preventing you from logging this user off.
To sort out this, just close all of the running QuickBooks processes by using the Windows Task Manager. Probably users could do this by themselves, but it’s good to have admin either supervise this or simply do it for them.
- On the user’s PC, hit CTRL+ALT+DEL on the keyboard to open the Windows Task Manager.
- Tap on the “Processes” tab from the top menu.
- You should see all the processes currently running on this computer.
- Look for any QuickBooks processes.
- Right-click on each and choose the “End task” choice, to close the process.
- Now repeat the previous step for each of the QuickBooks processes.
This should solve the problem with the logged-in user, enabling them to use the app without interruption.
CLOSING THE QUICKBOOKS PROCESSES DIDN’T WORK
If the previous action didn’t solve the issue with the still logged in user, you may consider restarting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- At first, login as admin to the QuickBooks server.
- Then open the QuickBooks app.
- Tap the “File” icon.
- Click “Open or Restore Company”.
- Tap “Open a company file”.
- Tap “Next.”
- Now locate your company file and choose it.
- Check the “Open file in multi-user mode” box.
- Tap “Open”.
- Log in to the company file with username and password.
- When the QuickBooks app opens, click the “File” tab.
- Click “Close Company/Logoff” from the menu.
This will close the company file on the server, causing the stuck user to finally log off.
CONTACTING THE QUICKBOOKS SUPPORT
In case, if none of the above actions helped solve the issue. It’s best to contact the QuickBooks Desktop Support Team.
- At first, open the QuickBooks app.
- Tap the “Help” from the top menu.
- Tap “QuickBooks Desktop Help”.
- Enter your issue in the description to reach the dedicated support expert.
- Tap “Continue”.
- In the next menu, choose one of the available choices that best suits your issue.
- Wait for the support expert to contact you with a solution.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut to quickly reach the help menu. Simply hit the F1 key on your keyboard while in the QuickBooks app.
A POWERFUL TOOL
Having many useful features, QuickBooks provides a powerful set of tools to manage the app’s users. If you encounter an issue, as an admin, you’ll always have the ability to approach the issue from different angles.
Here’s how to find out logged QuickBooks. Have you ever had any issues logging into QuickBooks? Let us know in the comment section below!
Till then! Keep Smiling 🙂