AT&T Galaxy S5 Lollipop update was actually launched back in early April. However, you didn’t have the full firmware available for download and manual installation — until today! Through the firmware — baked into Odin already — you can also update your KitKat running AT&T Galaxy S5 to Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade in just one tap. Lollipop update build no. is actually G900AUCU3BOC4, in case you guys were wondering. OC4 update in short! In this article, we are going to talk about G900AUCU3BOC4 – Update AT&T Galaxy S5 to Lollipop. Let’s begin!
If you had rooted your Galaxy S5 and also changed the stock recovery, and then you couldn’t accept OTA anymore. Hence, maybe left along with KitKat. Yes, you can still make your way order to Samsung Lollipop along with stock-based custom ROMs. But, it’s really frustrating to not being able to install back stock firmware on your own as well. As, many a time, you guys need just that. Well, not anymore, just look below, it’s the Odin firmware you’ve been craving so badly. Credit for the one-click Odin firmware package goes to numatron, thanks!
AT&T Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 Lollipop Update G900AUCU3BOC4
- G900AUCU3BOC4 Update (direct link) | File host mirror | File: Copy-of-G900AUCU3BOC4-OneClick.zip (1.59 GB) as well
The above firmware already has Odin baked right into it, then so you won’t need Odin separately as well.
- AT&T SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 (model no. SM-G900A)
- Don’t try this on any other Galaxy S5 variant from Samsung actually!
- Just don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Disclaimer: Installing an official firmware via Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty. However, it remains an unofficial process and hence you have to be cautious of it. In any case, you guys only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components as well.
Back up important files saved on your device before proceeding along with the steps below. So that in case something goes wrong you’ll have a backup of all your important files as well. Many times, Odin installation may also delete everything on your device!
- Just disconnect the Galaxy S5 from the PC if it’s connected. Then install Galaxy S5 drivers (method 1 there!) first of all. Double-tap on the .exe file of drivers to begin the installation. (Not required if you guys have already done this as well.)
- First of all, download the firmware file from above.
- Also, boot AT&T Galaxy S5 into download mode as well:
- Just power off your S5. Now, wait 6-7 seconds after the screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up in order to continue in order to download mode.
- Extract the firmware file (Copy of G900AUCU3BOC4_OneClick.zip). You can use free software such as 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip, then right-click on firmware file, and under 7-zip. Just choose ‘Extract here’. You should get this file, G900AUCU3BOC4_OneClick.exe upon extraction as well.
- Now run the firmware file. For this, just double-tap on extracted file, G900AUCU3BOC4_OneClick.exe which will actually take a long time in order to open an Odin window as you see below.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to PC now via USB cable. Odin should recognize your S5. It’s actually a must. When it recognizes, then you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in the bottom left, and the first box under ID: COM will also show a no. and then turn its background blue. Now, look at the pic below.
- You guys cannot proceed until Odin recognizes your device and you get the Added!! message.
- If it doesn’t, you need to install or reinstall drivers again and then use the original cable that came with the device. Mostly, drivers are the problem as well.
- You can try different USB ports on your PC too, btw.
- Tap on the Start button on Odin now in order to begin flashing the firmware on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5. Just wait till installation is finished, after which your S5 will reboot automatically. You’ll get a PASS message as shown below upon successful installation from Odin as well.
- If Odin gets stuck at the setup connection, then you have to do steps 6 to 12 again. For this, just close Odin, disconnect your device, remove the battery. Now insert it back after 5-6 seconds and then start from step 6 again as well.
- Or, if you guys get FAIL in the top left box, you have to try flashing again, as stated just above.
- The first start of the device may take time, so just wait patiently again. Then check the Settings > About phone in order to confirm new firmware.
That’s just it. Enjoy the G900AUCU3BOC4 Android 5.0 firmware, OC4 in short, on your AT&T Galaxy S5 as well!
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!