Google Voice is a really handy application whenever it comes to call-forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well. Its Play Store listing calls it a ‘customizable phone number in the cloud’ that pretty much sums it up. Some of its noteworthy features also include automatic spam detection, blocking numbers, backing up of calls, text messages, and voicemails. Just like that, the ability to sync it across all your devices and the advanced voicemail transcriptions make it among the most widely used app. But, as of late, many users are complaining about the particular type of error in the Google Voice app: Failed to Refresh, Please Try Again. In this article, we are going to talk about Google Voice Failed to Refresh – How to Fix.
Along the same lines, users are also facing the issue of Error loading conversations as well. Now please try again and even “Error loading contacts. Also, please check your network.” The thing is this isn’t something that is limited to a few users actually. Across the Google support forum, most of the users seem to be facing this issue but are unable to fix this issue.
What really happens in all these three issues is actually that users aren’t able to see any history displays on any of the phone/messages/voicemail screens. It is also only the blank white screen that they could continuously stare on. If you guys are also facing this issue, then this guide will come in handy. Today we are going to show you how you can fix the Google Voice App Error: Failed to Refresh, Please Try Again error. Let’s begin.
Google Voice Failed to Refresh – How to Fix
The far-reaching effects of this issue could even be attributed to the fact that even the Google forums have marked it as a trending issue actually. With that said, the cause of the error could be related to the sync issues along with your Google account or an outdated version of the app. Also, if the data has been corrupted or also loads of cache have been accrued, then it might also lead to this error. Or it could also just be the issue related to the default Phone app. On that note, here are all the potential fixes related to Google Voice App Error: Failed to Refresh, Please Try Again as well. Follow along too.
Check your Default Contacts App
Most of the devices nowadays ship with their own Contacts app. However, this may work out for your everyday calls, with the Google Voice app, it might be a cause of an issue or two. Therefore we will request you in order to download and install the Contacts app from Google. And if it is already installed, then make sure to keep the app-enabled. For that, follow the below steps:
- Head over to Settings and go to Apps and Notifications as well.
- Then head to App Info and find the Contacts app.
- Within that, make sure that the app is enabled (an enabled app should also show the Disable option).
- You can see if the Google Voice App Error: Failed to Refresh. Now please Try Again is fixed or not. If not, follow the next method.
Turn on Stock Contacts App In Settings
If the stock contact app remains disabled, then it creates problems such as error-loading contacts. In order to fix this problem, you have to enable the stock contact app from the settings menu. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Go ahead to the “Settings” menu of your device.
- From the menu lists, you need to search for the “Apps Section” and tap on it.
- Now under the apps section, navigate the “Stock Contacts App” of your phone.
- You have to open the app and click on the “Enable” button.
- When you do, “Restart” your phone and then check if the Google voice error is fixed or not.
Note: If the stock contact app is not on your phone, skip to the next solution to fix the Google voice failed to refresh problem.
Turn on Sync
One of the most common reasons for this error actually. If the sync option on your device has turned off, then you might also face this issue. It does not matter whether the whole device sync is enabled or not, as of now we are only interested in the Voice app as well. Moreover, make sure the sync is enabled for the same Google ID that you use in the Voice apps. Just like, many OEMs also seem to turn on the Sync option if the Battery Saver mode is enabled. So keep that point in mind as well. Also, with that said, here is how you can enable sync for the voice app on your Android device.
- Head over to Settings and head to the Accounts section.
- Now under that, click on the Google ID which you are via for the Voice app.
- Then click on the Account Sync option and turn on the toggle next to Voice.
- Now, wait for the sync to be completed. When you do that, then launch the Google Voice app and see if you are getting the Failed to Refresh. Now please Try Again the error or it has been rectified.
Clear Cache and Data
Most of the time, if there is corrupt data or if there is a lot of caches associated along with the app. Then it might lead to the aforementioned error as well. In this regard, we will also suggest you to delete the cache and data of the Voice app. Now follow the below steps for that:
- Head to the Settings page on your device and now navigate to the Apps and Notifications section.
- Then head to the Apps Info page and scroll to the Voice app.
- Tap on Storage and Cache and then click on Clear Storage (Data) and Clear Cache. In the subsequent dialog box that appears, tap on the OK button.
- Once both of these are deleted, open the app and log in along with the credentials. Check if the Failed to Refresh, Now please Try Again Google Voice error has also been fixed or not.
Re-login to your Voice Account
You could also log out from the Voice account on its website and then log in along with a different ID. Then head over to the Voice app and if the error seems to have been fixed as well. Then re-login with your original ID that was initially causing the issue actually. There is how you can do that.
- First of all, you guys will have to clear the cache and data of the Voice app. Refer to the instructions given in the above section as well. We are doing so because we have to remove your current voice number from the app. When the data has been cleared, follow the next point.
- Head over to the Google Voice website and then sign out of the service. Then login along with a new Google ID or create a new Gmail ID and use it as well.
- Then just create a new Google Voice number and link it to your original phone as well.
- Now open the Voice app and use the newly created Google Voice number. If it is working well and good, then again clear the cache and data of the Voice app as well.
- Again go to the Voice app and link your original number to the affected Google Voice number as well.
- Now just login with this original phone number and the Google Voice app Failed to Refresh, Please Try Again error should be corrected too. If not, then refer to the next method given below as well.
Reinstall the App
So, if none of the above-mentioned methods managed to rectify your issue, then you are left with no issue. However, in order to uninstall and then reinstall the app. Here is how this could be done as well.
- Head over to Settings > Apps and Notifications as well.
- Then head to App Info and scroll to Voice app.
- Click on it and then tap on the Uninstall option.
- In the next pop-up that appears, tap on the OK button.
- Then head to the Play Store and download the Voice app. Login to it and you should have no issues in accessing the app as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!