Isn’t the real question that How many friends do you actually have? No, we’re just kidding. Snapchat also has seen a monumental increase in its users since the pandemic hit, and its numbers just keep on rising. This is actually the perfect time to keep in touch along with your friends, and maybe reconnect with old ones? However, how many friends can you guys actually have on Snapchat? Is there a fixed number or not? In this article, we are going to talk about How Many People Can You Have on Snapchat. Let’s begin!
How Many People Can You Have on Snapchat
Yes, there is also an actual limit on the number of friends that a user can have on Snapchat. The old limit was actually 2500. But, following its gradual rise to stardom, the social media app upped its limit on the number of friends a user can actually have to 5,000. This was a really well-received upgrade for influencers and businesses alike that used the platform in order to reach out to their audience.
However, you are probably wondering how some people have up to 15,000 friends on their list. Well, here’s the catch. Even after you guys reach the Friends limit on your account, folks can still continue to add you. And no, there is no limit on the number of people that guys can add you to their Friends list.
What is the Snapchat daily friend limit?
So, how do you reach such a high number of friends on your account actually? By adding them daily of course as well! However, if it were that easy, then anyone with half a brain would just simply add everyone immediately.
In order to avoid third-party apps from spamming random people through adding them constantly. Snapchat added a limit on the number of people you can also add to your Friends list in a day. But, they have not disclosed the actual number. It’s estimated that the daily limit to add new friends is somewhere between 150 and 250. But, since there are no official reports on the same, there is also no way to know for sure.
How to see how many friends you have on Snapchat
Unfortunately, when you guys check your Friends list that you cannot see the number of Friends that you actually have. But, there is also a trick you can use to bypass this. Just follow this guide below in order to find out how many friends you have in your Friends list on Snapchat.
- First, you’ll have to share your location in Snapchat Map. In order to do so, launch the Snapchat app and swipe down from the camera screen in order to reach your Snapchat Map. Now just click on the Settings icon in the top right corner of the page.
- If you guys have Ghost mode turned on, go ahead and uncheck it. Now, under ‘Who can see my location, just click ‘Only These Friends…’
- Tap a random person’s name in your Friends list as well. You guys should now see an option appear to ‘choose all’. Click on this button to have everyone in your Friends list selected. When you have selected all, tap ‘Done.
- You can use the back button to go back to the camera tab on the app. Now open your profile via tapping your Bitmoji avatar in the top left corner. Now scroll down to the bottom in order to find the Snap Map section.
- Now under your Snapchat Map, it will state ‘Sharing Location with’ and the number of people. This is the number of people you have on your Friends list as well!
How can you add friends on Snapchat
There are a number of ways that you can add people to Snapchat. Plus, you can also have other people add you. This is especially helpful if you reach your Friend limit on the app.
Here are the various ways that you can add people on Snapchat:
- From Contacts: You guys can sync your phone’s contact list along with Snapchat in order to make it easier to find your friends using their phone number. (They must have added their phone number to their account).
- From Search: You guys can just simply search for the person either via their user name (more specific) or their actual name. In order to search for a person, press the search bar at the top of the app (doesn’t matter which tab you are on), and start to type out the person’s name.
- By Snapcode: Snapcodes just hold information about a person’s account. Each and every Snapcode is unique to the user. You can also scan a Snapcode using your Snapchat camera in order to add a person. Scanning a Snapcode will immediately bring up the person’s profile as well.
- By Mention: If you guys find a snap that has another person mentioned (@example). Then you can swipe up and add that person. Swiping up on the snap will actually bring up the person’s profile.
- Using Quick Add: Quick add is basically a feature that helps you find friends of friends. It works along with finding mutual friends, and assuming that you probably also know that person. You can find your Quick Add list via tapping the search bar at the top of the screen.
Why can’t I add more friends on Snapchat?
There are basically two possible reasons for not being able to add folks to your Friends list. Firstly, it could be your network connection. Snapchat needs an active internet connection to be able to add many other people. The other reason could be because you have reached your Snapchat friend limit of 5000 as well. Just use the method above to find out how many friends you have on your list.
I accidentally ignored a friend request on Snapchat…
Ignoring a friend request does not really stop the other person from adding you to their list. It just means that you do not want to add them to yours actually. If your settings allow ‘Everyone’ to view your Story, ignored folks will also be able to view your story. Users do not really get notified if they are ignored.
If you guys accidentally ignored a friend request from someone. Just simply search for the person’s account using the search bar at the top, and also add them back. No one will be the wiser as well!
What happens once you reach the friends limit
When you guys reach a daily Friend limit, you will receive a notification letting you know that you cannot add any more folks as well. This seems to last for 12 hours, after that you guys can continue adding people once again.
If you have reached your account Friend limit, then you will no longer be able to add new friends. But, people can still add you. You guys can use different ways to get people in order to add you to their Friends lis. Such as posting your user name on different social media sites. You can even post your Snapcode to make it easier for folks to add you as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!