Google Chrome makes it really easy to open shortcuts to websites from the bookmarks bar. However, did you know that you can also create shortcuts to your favorite websites through adding them to your desktop or to a folder on your computer as well? In this article, we are going to talk about How to Add Chrome Shortcut to Desktop. Let’s begin!
How to Add Chrome Shortcut to Desktop
Whenever you create a shortcut to a web page, then the shortcut opens the web page in a standalone window without any menus, tabs, or other browser components as well. A Chrome shortcut can also be configured to open as a normal web page in a new browser tab. Because the standalone window option isn’t available in all of the versions of Windows.
- Open the Chrome web browser and then head to a web page.
- Go to the Chrome menu, located in the upper right-hand corner of the browser, and represented by three vertically-aligned dots as well.
- Choose More tools and choose either Add to desktop, Create shortcut, or Create application shortcuts. (The option you will see actually depends on your operating system).
- Type a name for the shortcut or leave the default name, that is the title of the web page.
- Choose to Create to add the shortcut to your desktop.
More Information to Creating Chrome Shortcuts | add chrome shortcut to the desktop
The above method is not the only way to make shortcuts that open in Chrome actually. Here are some other ways in order to create a shortcut to a web page:
Create a Shortcut in a Folder
- Highlight a URL in the address bar.
- Then drag the link to a folder on your computer.
Create a Shortcut on the Desktop
- Right-click the desktop, then go to New and choose Shortcut.
- Enter the URL and choose Next.
- Now type a name for the shortcut and then select Finish.
Create a Shortcut on the Taskbar | add chrome shortcut to the desktop
- Choose a shortcut on the desktop.
- Then drag the shortcut to the Windows taskbar.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this add chrome shortcut to desktop article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!