Just switch to a new iPhone? Or want to polish your iPhone photos with desktop-based software like Photoshop? Backing up the iPhone to a computer is almost a must, no matter the reason. No one wants to risk losing data and files.
This article will introduce some practical and effective ways to back up the iPhone to a computer, no matter if you are using Windows or Mac OS X.
Backup iPhone to Computer with DearMob iPhone Manager
DearMob iPhone Manager is a one-click iOS backup and transfer tool. This program is made for seamlessly transferring, backing up, and managing your iPhone data on Mac or Windows PC with ultra flexibility.
With DearMob iPhone Manager, you don’t have to upload any of your personal data to the cloud or pay extra for more storage space. You can also choose to back up your entire device or only back up specific data from specific apps. It is probably the most simple yet full-featured iPhone backup tool.
Feel free to download and install the program from its official website, then follow the steps below to back up the iPhone to your computer.
- Launch the program.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Tap “Trust This Computer” on your iPhone screen.
- Go to the “Backup & Restore” menu from the main interface.
- Set the backup file save path by clicking the “Change Path” button.
- Click “Back Up Now” to start backing up.
Some Other Reasons to Choose DearMob iPhone Manager
- 1:1 clone or selective backup and restore iPhone data
- Stable connection with USB connection or Wi-Fi
- Flexible backup of all kinds of data: media, contacts, messages, apps, app data…
- Convert incompatible files upon syncing: HEIC to JPEG…
- Options of password-protect your data with the military-grade algorithm
- Powered by GPU acceleration, lightning-fast process without freezing
Backup iPhone to Computer with iTunes
Ignoring the problem of not recognizing the iPhone, iTunes is still the only offline solution to back up your iPhone recommended by Apple. There are some known disadvantages. For example, iTunes won’t allow you to selectively back up iPhone data, and the backup may fail due to different and unclear reasons. Anyway, it’s still the most popular way to back up the iPhone to computers.
- Launch iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Click the phone-shaped icon in the menu bar.
- Go to the Summary menu.
- Click Back Up Now (below Backups).
Backup iPhone to Computer with iCloud
If you don’t mind uploading your data to the cloud service, iCloud could be the go-to option. iCloud has no restrictions on the size of a single file, and anyone can get a free 5GB plan when signing up. But things can be tricky if you want to keep the album structure because iCloud will not keep that and will change the Timestamp and other Exif data. Besides that, iCloud works like a charm. Here’s how to back up the iPhone to a computer with iCloud.
- Find Settings on your iPhone.
- Go to [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup.
- Enable Use Cellular Data if you want to back up your device without Wi-Fi.
More from us: How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
All the methods above will help backup the iPhone to a computer. To save time and effort, DearMob iPhone Manager could be a no-brainer. This program can help flexibility backup all kinds of your iPhone data to the computer, whether it’s a Windows PC or a Mac. Full support for the latest iPhone on iOS 15.