The Apple Watch, apart from being the best seller, is, in my opinion, the highest quality and the most extraordinary of the smartwatch. In order to enjoy your smartwatch longer, we will show you a guide to clean your Apple Watch in the best way. To do this, the watch must be separated from its strap and we will proceed to clean it.
- We remove the Apple Watch from its charger and turn it off by pressing and holding the side button.
- We remove the strap if it is not waterproof. For example, leather and stainless steel. To do this we press the release button, located on the back of the watch and slide out.
- We clean the Apple Watch with a microfiber cloth as it does not release lint. We moisten with water, if necessary, to remove all dirt.
- If necessary, it can be kept under the tap for 10 or 15 seconds.
- We dry thoroughly with the microfiber cloth.
- If the strap is leather, proceed with caution. We dampen the cloth, but without soaking, this could damage the bracelet. After cleaning it well, let it dry on its own, away from sunlight or high temperatures. Checking that it is very dry before proceeding to its placement.
- For all other Apple straps, as well as buckles and closures, clean with cloth and water. Drying well before placing them on the watch.
- We turn off the Apple Watch.
- We remove the strap if it is not waterproof.
- We hold the clock under the tap for 10 or 15 seconds.
- At the same time, we turn and press the crown, so that the water removes dirt.
- We dry well with a cloth.
Recommendations for Apple Watch
You will have noticed, that apart from a microfiber cloth, we have only used water for cleaning. This is because Apple’s recommendations are very clear in that regard, to clean the Apple Watch in the best way. Therefore, it is advisable not to use abrasive substances, soaps or cleaning products. Nor sources of heat or air.
The Cupertino company has many belts to choose the right one depending on the activity. Because the Apple Watch is in direct contact with your wrist, it can cause allergies or skin irritations. Sweat or normal belt wear can create slight discomfort. For convenience, the idea is to adjust the watch strap, without it being too tight or too loose, so that the skin breathes. After your activity, or being exposed to creams, liquids, etc. The best remedy is to proceed to frequent and thorough cleaning, following the steps we have taken. It will extend the life of your watch and you can enjoy it for longer.