The keyboard shortcut to activate Sticky Keys is to press the shift key five times in a row. When we activate and trigger Sticky Keys. Then the computer beeps and a window pops up. In this article, we are going to talk about Disable Sticky-Keys Permanently in Windows 10. Let’s begin!
This can be annoying, Such as the sounds can be disruptive if done as a classroom “prank”, and the window opening can even tab you out of a video game at inopportune times. This guide will walk you through how to disable Sticky Keys completely.
Sticky Keys is designed as an Ease of Access tool to allow users to use keyboard shortcuts without having to hold down the control, alt, and shift keys. However, most users that encounter Sticky Keys do so by accident.
You can disable Sticky Keys is through the Settings app. Press the Windows key, type “Sticky Keys” and hit enter. This will take you to the “Keyboard” tab in the “Ease of Access” settings in the Settings app. To disable Sticky Keys, ensure that both options under Sticky Keys are disabled. “Press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts”, should set to off. And “Allow the shortcut key to start Sticky Keys”, should be unticked.
How to turn off Sticky Keys in Windows 10, and disable its shortcut | Disable Sticky-Keys Permanently
- Turn on Sticky Keys by pressing shift five times in a row.
- The Sticky Keys icon, which looks like a few white keyboard keys, will show up in your taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Double-click it to bring up Sticky Keys’ options in the Ease of Access center.
- Uncheck the boxes “Turn on Sticky Keys”, and “Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times.”
If you can’t find the Sticky Keys option in the toolbar, or it won’t appear, you should instead:
- Press the Windows logo on your keyboard, or click the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Search for “Ease of Access”.
- Select “Ease of Access keyboard settings.”
- Toggle the switch under “Sticky Keys” to “Off.” You can also turn off the shortcut, so it won’t activate again.
And finally, if you are just looking to turn off Sticky Keys temporarily after you turn it on accidentally, just press two function keys at the same time (Ctrl, Alt, Shift, or the Windows key).
This won’t prevent the problem from happening again. But it will solve your problem immediately.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this Disable Sticky-Keys Permanently article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Format a Hard Drive in Windows 10