DISM basically stands for the acronym of Deployment Image Servicing and Management. It is an important Windows utility. You must have heard about DISM when dealing with any Windows Updates or driver problems, as DISM is used as a command line in order to fix these problems. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Dism Error 2 in Windows 10 – What is it. Let’s begin!
The main job of DISM is actually to mount and service the Windows Images. That are basically used for Windows Recovery and Windows Setup as well. DISM is a really important feature, but lately, folks have been seeing many errors along with DISM. So, if you are one of the users who are experiencing the DISM Error 2, then continue reading as we have some solutions in store for you.
What is DISM Error 2?
DISM error 2 comes along with an error message that says, “The system cannot find the file specified.” DISM is a built-in utility for the Windows operating system as well. It is used in order to fix a lot of Windows corruption errors. But when you guys are having the DISM error 2, it then stops you from running the command line. DISM is an important feature as used to service .wim (Windows image) or .vhd/.vhdx (virtual hard disk) as well. So, it’s necessary to fix this DISM error 2. Otherwise, it can disturb your system too. The error can come up because of an incorrect version of DISM. It can also happen due to the interference of your Antivirus software.
Here, we are going to discuss some possible solutions in order to fix the DISM error 2. Try the solutions and see if one of the solutions can actually fix the error for you.
How to Fix Dism Error 2 in Windows 10 – What is it
Check if you are using the correct version of DISM
First of all, you guys must check that you are having the correct version of DISM installed on your computer along with the Windows ADK. You should not mount the images in the user documents folder because it is a protected folder. And you guys can run the commands via WinPE.
Recovery Command Prompt
In order to fix the DISM error 2, you can try to run the recovery Command Prompt. It will basically help to refresh the DISM tool. The process is really simple. You only have to follow the steps given below actually.
- Head to the Start menu.
- Select the “Command Prompt (Admin)” option.
- Then run this command line and tap on Enter– exe/image:C /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions
- Restart your PC as well.
- Now, you guys have to run in the recovery command prompt.
- Just tun this command line- exe /online/Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- After the cleanup is done, you need to restart your computer.
- Then open the search bar and type “cmd“.
- The Command Prompt will open, and then right-click on it and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, you have to run the command line- sfc/scannow
- Click Enter and then restart your computer again as well.
- Just open the Command Prompt Window in order to run this command line- dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Now wait for the process in order to complete and then check for the error.
If the error continues, then just head to the next solution.
Interference of the Antivirus
The DISM error 2 can also happen due to the Antivirus installed on your computer. You can turn off the Antivirus software for some time and see if the error solved or not. If the error is cleared, then you should consider uninstalling that Antivirus application and use a better one.
Fix the error via the Disk Defragmenter
Another solution for DISM error 2 is basically to use the Disk Defragmenter. It helps in resetting the fragmented data and can also help you to resolve the error for you. Just follow the steps given below.
- In order to use this process, you need to have Administrative Privilege.
- The first step is basically to log in as an Administrator.
- Head to the Start menu.
- Then select File Explorer.
- You guys have to expand This PC.
- Now, tap on the Local Disk (C:) to select Properties.
- Then just choose the Tools tab.
- You will see the option “Optimize” that is under the section “Optimize and defragment the drive.”
- Now, select to Apply and tap Enter.
Even if after this process the error persists, then just try the next and last solution.
Reset your computer
If none of the above solutions worked for you, then you have to try to reset your computer. When you reset, all the files will be deleted, and the settings you have changed will get restored as well. So, it would be best if you guys did not forget to select the “Keep my files” option when you start with the resetting. Just follow these steps in order to reset your computer.
- First search for Settings in Cortana’s search bar.
- Select Update & Security.
- Find the Recovery option and then tap on it.
- Now locate the “Reset this PC” option.
- Left-tap on the “Get started” option.
- You guys can choose the Keep my files option.
- The process can take some time as well. After the process is complete, then just check for the error.
DISM is a really important tool for your system. It permits you to configure and update Windows features, packages, and drivers as well. However, DISM error 2 avoids you from accessing the DISM tool. So, you have to resolve this error.
As looking for different solutions everywhere can also be time-consuming, we have given you simple and pretty easy steps in order to get rid of this error on your own. You only have to go through the solutions mentioned above, and one of them will surely help you along with fixing the DISM error 2.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!