The most useful app on any Android phone is basically the Google Play Store app. Because it lets you download many other apps on your device. Of course, you guys can download apps via many other methods without even using Play Store. However, the ease and the security that Google Play Store offers is far ahead of other methods. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Google Play Server Error – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Google Play Store also comes pre-installed on almost all Android phones actually, Except in countries where the Google services are banned such as China, Myanmar, etc. Over the years, Google Play Store has also improved a lot, however, nothing is perfect. Like many other apps, Google Play Store also throws up many kinds of errors every now and then. No, wait. We are not blaming Google Play Store; mostly, the errors come up because of an issue from the user side.
How to Fix Google Play Server Error – Tutorial
One such error that most of the time pops up on the Google Play Store is “Server error”. Along with a Retry button (as shown in the above image). So what should you guys do in this case when hitting the Retry button multiple times doesn’t really solve the issue.
Look no further, just follow the fixes provides below and the Server error should be gone in no time.
Check internet connection
Normally, Google Play Store throws up the “Server error” whenever the internet is not working on your device. If you guys are on a Wi-Fi network, check if your Wi-Fi internet is working or not. Open Chrome on your device and open any web page. If the web page also doesn’t open, then something is wrong with your internet connection. You should switch to mobile data in order to see if it fixes the issue.
Just like that, if you are on mobile data, first check if the internet is working or not. If mobile data is not working, then switch to Wi-Fi. Basically, this fix involves checking the internet connection on your Android device as well. Since it is the major reason for Server error in Play Store app as well.
Nope, fellas, we didn’t actually forget the reboot phone fix. Stop whatever you are doing and also reboot your phone. Restarting or rebooting your phone is really helpful for many issues and you should always try it for any issue on your device.
Clear Google Play Store cache and data
- First, open device Settings followed via Apps/Application Manager.
- Scroll down and click on “Google Play Store”.
- Click on “Storage” on the next screen.
- Tap Clear Data followed via Clear cache.
- Reboot your device as well.
Force Stop Google Play Store
- You have to open device Settings followed via Apps/Application Manager.
- Scroll down and press “Google Play Store”.
- Click on the “Force Stop” Button.
- Go back and then open Google Play Store again. It should work fine now.
Delete Google account from phone
In order o remove Google account from your phone and to re-add it, follow the steps:
- Head to device Settings followed via Accounts.
- Under Accounts, just choose Google.
- Choose the account name linked along with the Google Play Store.
- On the next screen, press the overflow menu or three dots present at the top right corner and choose “Remove Account”.
- After you remove the account, clear the data, and cache for Google Play Store as mentioned above.
- Now reboot your device.
- Now head to Accounts, then Google, add your Google account back.
- Then open the Google Play Store. It should open normally.
Uninstall Play Store updates
- Open device Settings followed via Apps/Application Manager.
- Scroll down and then click “Google Play Store”.
- Tap the “Disable” button.
- A pop-up will then ask for your confirmation, press Disable on the pop-up.
- When it removes all the recent updates, then the “Disable” button will be replaced via “Enable”, select it.
- Now wait for some time so that Google Play Store updates itself automatically to the latest stable version. Then open Google Play Store and “Server error” should be gone.
Change the language to English (United States)
Another fix that you guys can try is to change the system language to English. In order to do so, follow the steps:
- Open device Settings followed via Language & input.
- Click Language and select English (United States).
- Head o back and open the Play Store.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!