Stardew Valley is basically a role-playing simulation video game that’s developed via Eric Barone, Sickhead Games & published via Eric Barone, Chucklefish, 505 Games. The game was initially released back in 2016 and also available for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, macOS, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Android, iOS platforms as well. Now, some of the Stardew Valley PC players are encountering connection failed issues when trying to join in multiplayer mode. If you guys are also one of them, check how to fix it. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Stardew Valley Connection Failed Error. Let’s begin!
According to a lot of affected players, the specific issue also appears on Xbox and Mac platforms including PC. Whenever a player trying to open the game and enter a multiplayer game, if hosting or joining can get the ‘connection failed’ error notice every time. Now, some of the Stardew Valley players have also mentioned that there may be some issues with the antivirus or firewall program or even the Microsoft Visual C++ issue. So, let’s check the following methods to fix this error.
- 1 How to Fix Stardew Valley Connection Failed Error
- 1.0.1 Reboot your Game or System
- 1.0.2 Switch From WiFi to LAN (Wireless to Wired Connection)
- 1.0.3 Turn off Antivirus Software or Firewall
- 1.0.4 Try to Join Game through Steam Launcher
- 1.0.5 Turn off any VPN Client
- 1.0.6 Try a New Internet Connection
- 1.0.7 Check Stardew Valley Game Server Strength
- 1.0.8 Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013
- 1.0.9 Conclusion
How to Fix Stardew Valley Connection Failed Error
You guys can additionally check some other necessary things such as updating Windows OS & graphics drivers. Check and troubleshoot the internet connection, many times switching from Wi-Fi to LAN can also fix the issue. Plus, you can also check the VPN service to troubleshoot the issue, etc. Now, without any further ado, let’s jump into the steps below:
Reboot your Game or System
Well, it’s always recommended to perform a soft reboot of the game as well as the client at first. If you’re facing any issues along with the game launching or server connectivity. Plus, you can restart the Windows PC/Laptop in order to clear any temporary glitch of the software, etc. So, if the game is already running on the Steam client then close/exit the game as well. Fully close the Steam client too.
In order to restart the system, click on Start > tap on Power > choose Restart. Now, wait for the PC to reboot automatically. Now, try to run the client and game to check for the issue.
Switch From WiFi to LAN (Wireless to Wired Connection)
Most of the time, improper internet configuration or slow internet speed can also occur these kinds of server connectivity problems. If in case, you guys are using a wireless connection means using a Wi-Fi router or modem to connect online and play the game. Then you should try checking the wired connection actually. Here the wired connection means LAN (Ethernet) cable and then plug it into the ethernet port of the PC/Laptop as well. Add required IP address, subnet mask, DNS, and you guys are good to go.
Turn off Antivirus Software or Firewall
It actually seems that the installed antivirus or the firewall program is conflicting somewhere. And any of them are blocking your game or the client in order to run the program properly. Most of the time, antivirus or firewall programs avoid game servers to gets connected online even though if you have an active internet connection. In that case, either turn off the application or creating a bypass rule will do the job easily. And your specific game won’t be disrupted anymore through the antivirus or firewall.
But, you should understand the risk of disabling the antivirus or firewall program is that your PC will get more threats or vulnerabilities really easily.
- First, open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) > Head to Processes and select the game or Steam service, and tap on End Task to forcefully close it.
- Now, just open the antivirus program (Defender or third-party) and turn off the real-time protection, web filter, quick or full scan, etc.
- Just like that, click on Start > Type Firewall and then tap on Firewall & network protection.
- Tap on Domain Network > Turn off Windows Defender Firewall as well.
- Then go back and tap on Private Network > Turn off the Firewall.
- Now the same step will be applicable to the Public Network as well.
Just like that, if you don’t want to disable the antivirus program or the firewall protection on your PC. Then try to add an exclusion to the antivirus or firewall program in order to allow the game/Steam easily.
Try to Join Game through Steam Launcher
Well, sometimes players can’t be able to join the game directly from the game interface because of some bug. If that’s the problem for you and can’t understand what to do, then just follow the below steps.
- If the game is already running, then Exit the game first.
- Head over to the friend list on the Steam client as well.
- Now, find and tap on any of your friends who are hosting the Stardew Valley game.
- Click on the Join Game > Try to run the game in order to check for the issue.
Turn off any VPN Client
VPN basically stands for Virtual Private Network. This service basically provides you an anonymous identity to go online without even any privacy or actual IP address or even network connectivity. VPN also creates a mask or layer on your actual internet protocol (IP) that is virtually untraceable. And users can also access all those online sites or contents that may not be possible because of the server or region limitation.
So, whatever VPN service you guys are using on your PC and you’re getting issues with connecting to the Stardew Valley server online. Then try to turn off the service temporarily as well. When you do that, restart your PC and try running the game again.
Try a New Internet Connection
It can be also possible that the existing internet connection of the ISP has few issues with the game server or anything else. So, it’s a really good idea to either run another internet connection to play the game if possible. Otherwise, you guys can also use a Wi-Fi dongle or Mobile Hotspot as well to check for the issue. Most of the affected players have fixed their problems via just replacing the internet connectivity. However, if in case, you don’t have a good ISP in your area, then just try to contact the existing provider for this issue.
Check Stardew Valley Game Server Strength
Well, all the online games and especially multiplayer online games mostly face server downtime during the technical fault or overload of active users or any maintenance work actually. So, it can highly possible that the game servers are not up or not properly working because of the service maintenance or when uploading any latest patch update. In that scenario, you guys will always need to check out if the game server is active and running or not. Head over to the ConcernedApe Twitter handle for all the server status and also the latest updates officially.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013
Microsoft basically offers Visual Studio that can be used for developing apps for Windows OS. However, Visual C++ is a programming language that can also be used to develop apps. But, running apps in Visual C++ built-in, users have to install the Visual C++ runtime libraries actually. The same is really important to run the video games on Windows and because of the missing or corrupted Visual C++ file, your system or apps/games may not work properly actually. You can also reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 below.
- Make sure that the game and also the Steam client both are closed properly. Just open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and head over to the Processes tab > tap to select game/client and then click on End Task.
- Now, you need to click on Start > Type Control Panel > tap on it from the search result.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Next, right-tap on the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86/x64).
- Then just tap on Uninstall.
- If prompted, just follow the on-screen instructions and permit the task to completely delete it from the system.
- When you do that, then restart your PC > Go to Microsoft site and download the ‘Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013’.
- When downloaded, tap on the file and follow the on-screen instruction again in order to install it.
- Finally, open the Steam client and run the Stardew Valley game as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “stardew valley connection failed” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!