If your VIZIO SmartCast is not working as expected, then this guide’s troubleshooting tips will definitely help you to fix the issue. VIZIO also has a decent set of Smart TVs lined up in his arsenal. But, whenever it comes to the SmartCast, things aren’t going as planned actually. Most of the users are having issues with it, and it seems to be wide-ranging in nature as well. However, some are outright unable to cast to their TV, others get stuck at the black loading screen while cast. And also it isn’t a one-off problem as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Vizio Smartcast not Working. Let’s begin!
Most of the users across the Reddit forum have also shared their concerns regarding this error. As to the reason why this is actually happening, there are quite a few of them as well. The most common one seems to be related to network connectivity as well. Along the same lines, if your Smart TV hasn’t correctly set up or configured, there are bound to issues as well. Just like that, if the DHCP has been incorrectly configured. Then two or more devices could end up having the same or, in some cases, no IP Address as well.
As a result, your SmartCast wouldn’t be able to establish a successful connection as well. So an incorrect DHCP configuration could also result in the aforementioned issue actually. But, if none of the results out in success, then resetting your TV and bringing it back to its default state can be the only way out as well. In this guide, we will also share detailed instructions in order to carry out those fixes. This, in turn, should also fix your VIZIO SmartCast issues. Follow along.
How to Fix Vizio Smartcast not Working
Restart your Vizio SmartCast TV:
Most of the time your SmartCast would not work properly due to any software error. That can be countered via easy restarting. You guys have to restart your Vizio SmartCast TV. So all the temporary configurations get cleanout. And whenever you turn on the device again, it will re-initialize all the temporary settings as well.
Just follow this step to restart;
- First of all, just tap the menu button on your TV remote and select System
- Now choose Reset & Admin
- Then you have to choose the Soft Power Cycle
- In addition to this, you guys have to power off your router also
- Then you can also turn on both devices and check the TV working properly
In case the Soft Power Cycle does now works, then you should try this step;
- Turn off your TV via the power button of the TV
- Then just unplug your TV connection
- And tap and hold the power button of your TV for 30 seconds
- Then just plug on the TV
- Now once again press hold the power button of the TV for 30seconds as well
- Hereafter you guys can turn on your TV; just do not press any of the buttons of your remote or TV
- And now wait for the SmartCast home to appear, and now check the issue is still there.
Re-enable DHCP settings of your network: | smart cast not working
In case the connection of DHCP settings of your network is not correct, then your SmartCast will not work properly actually. DHCP’s (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) responsibility is basically to assign an IP address to each and every device for your network. As well as, DHCP will make sure that no same IP address for the two devices. Anyway, most of the time, DHCP will act irresponsibly and do not assign an IP address to the SmartCast SystemSystem as well.
You have to follow the steps in order to change the settings of DHCP to prevent connection issues;
- First of all, power on your TV
- Then open your browser
- Now open your Router’s URL and there type your Username and Password.
- And you have to open your router’s Settings page.
- Now head to the DHCP section.
- And turn on the DHCP, if already the feature enabled, then turn it off and re-enable it.
- Then Save and Exit from the setup as well
- Now you guys can turn on your TV, still the issue there then you guys can edit your router and head to Google DNS
Just use another network
The ISP in your device is flawlessly active in using a lot of techniques and functions in order to control web traffic. Most of the time ISPs provide some services that your Tv required to operate along with the network. In order to escape from this mess, you can use any secondary network. You guys can use your mobile hotspot as well. In just a try, you can also connect to another ISP too.
Factory reset on your Vizio SmartCast TV | smartcast not working
If the above process does not fulfill your needs, then you guys can do a factory reset of your Vizio SmartCast TV. You can also do this process via your TV menu or buttons. You can also follow this step in order to reset;
- Tap on the menu button on your TV remote and then select System
- Then head to Reset & Admin and choose Reset TV to Factory Settings
- Tap on and hold the Input and Volume down button altogether for 10 seconds until you guys can see a bar on the top of the TV
- Now tap and hold the Input button for 5 seconds then your TV screen goes black
- Then turn on the TV and then follow the instructions
All of the above methods will help you in order to fix the issue. In case the methods mentioned above fail to work. Then you guys can use the Reimage Repair Tool. This tool will also repair missing and corrupted files. This method gets successful on a lot of occasions.
Anyhow you can rely on our valuable solutions and can change your Vizio SmartCast TV error. While reading our guidelines; you can also repair the error and watch your favorite channels continuously as well. If you guys have any queries or feedback. Now please write down the comment in the below comment box as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “smartcast not working” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How Do I Gyromag Systems in Warframe