The South Korean tech giant Samsung also offers a lot of smartphones from the budget segment to the flagship level. That includes some tablet devices as well. All the Samsung Galaxy devices come along with a stock recovery mode that also offers a few options to reboot, clear data, etc. However, if you want to flash a custom firmware or install root access or any mod file, then you will need a custom recovery like TWRP. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Flash TWRP with ODIN on any Samsung. Let’s begin!
Now, in order to install a custom recovery, you guys will have to unlock the device bootloader at first. A custom recovery also offers full data or system backup & restore advanced factory reset. The option to install flashable ZIPs or image files, and much more that you will simply don’t find on any stock recovery. Android is known for its customizations because of the stock firmware and stock recovery. As both these stock ROM and stock recovery don’t bring too a lot of options to play around with it.
What is TWRP Recovery?
Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP Recovery is a really useful and famous custom recovery. That is open-source software. The touch-screen-enabled interface permits users in order to flash third-party firmware and back up the system or data easily just like never before. For Android customization lovers or developers, a custom recovery is a much-needed tool or software as well.
Plus, you can install the kernel, modules, root or unroot, take Nandroid backups, etc. Meanwhile, you can also wipe system partitions, internal storage, data, cache, vendor, etc very easily.
Benefits of TWRP Recovery | Flash TWRP with ODIN
- Backups of partitions in TAR or also raw Image format
- Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage, or OTG devices as well
- Just install Custom Firmware
- Install flashable ZIPs and image files
- Partition wiping
- Delete System, Cache, Vendor, Partition, User Data, as well
- Install Root or Unroot through flashing ZIPs
- Terminal access
- ADB Root Shell
- Theme Support
- Possible decryption support relying on the device
Latest Supported Devices
Also Works in all-new 2021 models.
- Samsung Galaxy M31
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Also, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Also, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Also, Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note10 Lite
- Also, Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy A01
- Samsung Galaxy A71
- Also, Samsung Galaxy A51
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro
Pre-Requisites | Flash TWRP with ODIN
- This guide will only work on any Samsung Phone actually.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Charge your phone at least more than 60% for a smoother process.
- Install the Samsung Kies Software on your PC.
Take Backup of your device
Taking a full data backup is really important before performing any software upgrade or flashing any firmware. It will be useful to keep a backup since if in case anything goes wrong. Then you can easily get back your data via restoring it. Just follow this guide to take a full backup without even Root.
Install Samsung USB Drivers
A USB Driver is basically a software or program that runs on the PC or Laptop whenever you connect your handset to the computer via a USB cable. Hence, you can easily transfer files or flash any file via ADB & Fastboot method on your device. Samsung USB Drivers also perform the same task for Samsung devices only as well. You guys can download and install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Charge your Samsung Device
Before doing anything on your phone, just make sure to charge your Samsung device more than 50%-60% at least. But, you can fully charge your handset and then proceed to the firmware installation or also custom recovery installation method.
Download Odin Flash Tool
Odin is the most famous flashing tool for Samsung devices that offers powerful features to flash the firmware. Or also install root or install custom recovery on your Samsung device easily. Plus, the Samsung device users can flash kernels using the ODIN flash tool. Just download the Odin Flash Tool.
A bootloader is actually the system code that runs on a device before the operating system starts on the device like a phone or PC. Almost all operating systems have some sort of bootloaders that initiates the command and also tells the device if to boot into the system or recovery. It’s really important to unlock the device bootloader at first if you want to install any third-party file on your handsets such as custom recovery or custom firmware. Here is our guide on how you can unlock the bootloader on any Samsung Galaxy device. Before that, make sure to turn on the developer option, OEM Unlocking, and USB debugging.
Download TWRP Recovery | Flash TWRP with ODIN
In order to install the custom recovery (TWRP) on your Samsung device, you guys will need to download the TWRP Recovery for your Samsung device [Just search the specific model] actually.
Make sure to rename the downloaded TWRP file name to ‘recovery‘ for your ease whenever flashing it.
Boot Samsung Galaxy Device into Download Mode
- First, you have to switch off your Samsung phone.
- Now, just long-press the Home + Power + Volume down buttons together for a few seconds until you see a warning screen as well. [For newer devices, tap and hold the Volume Down + Power button together]
- Release the buttons and single press the Volume Up button on the warning screen in order to accept it.
- Your Samsung Galaxy device will boot into Download Mode
Install TWRP Recovery using ODIN
- We actually assume that you’ve already installed the ODIN tool.
- Now, just run the Odin tool as an administrator on your PC.
- Just reboot your Samsung device into Download mode.
- Simply connect your handset to the computer via a USB cable.
- After connecting the USB cable, you will see a blue sign in the Odin interface in the ID: COM section along with a USB port number.
- Just add the Recovery TWRP .tar file from that you have already downloaded earlier.
- Tap on the AP/PDA button and load it
- DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ that is under the Options tab.
- You guys can also uncheck the ‘Auto Reboot’ option (optional).
- Tap on ‘Start’ and wait for a few seconds until you see a message PASS.
- Reboot the handset into recovery mode via tap and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. [For newer Samsung devices, just tap and hold Volume Up + Power together]
- That’s just it, guys.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this ” Flash TWRP with ODIN” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!