Discord is an app that is designed to assist gamers in order to ask one another in real-time. Whenever playing a game on their device, users can actually log into Discord and enter a gaggle chat along with one or more other gamers so that they can talk when they play. The app is meant to run nicely alongside a game as well. The desktop version is meant to use less computing power than other voice-chat apps actually. And you’ll customize how the app looks on-screen in order to form it ride alongside your game instead of interrupting it. In this article, we are going to talk about What is Discord Red Dot and How to Fix it. Let’s begin!
Discord has many other features, too, also including text-based chat rooms and direct messages. Connecting with friends also involves joining an existing gaming server or sending an email invitation as well. Using the Nearby feature whenever adding friends (and along with location features turned on). You’ll find friends near you as well. You’ll also block users and prevent content you do not want to ascertain.
In discord, there is a lot of icon status, which is used as a form of dots in the Discord icon and beside the player avatar. In the case of avatar, discord has basically 5 status icons that are pretty simple representations of user status. Green, Yellow, Red, Purple, and Grey that actually means that the Player is Online, Idle, Do Not Disturb, Streaming or Online respectively.
What Does the Red Dot on the Discord Icon Mean?
The red dot signifies that you have a unread message notification!
— Discord (@discord) January 6, 2018
As you can see in the above tweet, the official Twitter handle of Discord replied that the dot signifies that you guys have an unread message notification. Updating the Discord icon within the system tray in order to display the red “mentioned” icon whenever there are new messages. Whatever you guys are doing, you can’t get obviate now permanently. But, you’ll hide it through closing an existing direct message with a lover, however, the red dot will return after 2 or 3 seconds.
Fix, Red Dot on Discord Icon
Remove it Temporarily
The red dot badge is typically displayed when you receive a notification of an unread message. You have to confirm that you’ve got seen all the messages, not just the last one, but also the old ones. Most of the time you forget to see your notification, but reviewing the old recorded messages can actually solve your problem. Try it out!
Also, someone recently added you to a gaggle or channel and there was actually no conversation happening, but you can’t read the story. There’s no unread notification about this group or canal, you ought to right-tap on the message and click on Mark as read. This discussion group/canal will disappear as well. However, to save lots of time if you’ve got several channels, you’ll right-click on the server icon within the left column and then tap on “Mark as read”. You’ll also enable “Server mute” on servers that you are doing not want to receive all notifications actually.
To mute a particular server, right-tap on the server name for muting it:
- You have to open either Discord app from your desktop or the web browser.
- You guys will the list of the Server you have joined in the left sidebar.
- Right-tap on the server you want to mute.
- Now, hover on the Mute Server label as well.
- You will see a lot of options for timing i.e., 15 Minutes, 1 Hour, 8 Hours, 24 Hours, and Until I turn it back on.
- Select the one that you need.
Remove it Permanently
- First, open either Discord app from your desktop or the web browser.
- Click on the gear icon beside the username in order to open Settings.
- Scroll down and search for the Notifications Label that will be under the App Settings section.
- Just click on the Notifications tab. And then look for ‘Enable Unread Message Badge’.
- Toggle the slider of ‘Enable Unread Message Badge’ towards the left in order to disable it.
Remove it from TaskBar
This method will basically take place in the Windows Taskbar setting. We are going to disable the discord icon from the taskbar actually. For doing the same, just follow the below instructions:
- First of all, you have to click on the Windows Key and search for Taskbar Settings.
- And then open it.
- Now scroll and search for ‘Select which icons appear on the taskbar as well.
- And tap on it in order to open the settings.
- At last, toggle the slider of Discord App towards the left to disable it.
A Useful Reminder
Discord’s red dot notification may be really annoying to some, however, it does serve a purpose. It’s a quick and useful reminder that messages also have remained unread. Discord has options in order to turn this off for people that want to do so, and we have provided you along with the simplest methods available.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!