Google is now starting rolling out the latest Android 5.1.1 update to its flagship device Nexus 6. The latest update comes with the build number of LMY47Z for the Sprint, United States Cellular. And the international variants, However, the T-Mobile variant is receiving the update as LYZ28E. Right now, the update is rolling out over-the-air weighing around 120 MB and brings some security enhancements, ambient display, and also proximity sensor updates. As you can see it is a minor update from Google that brings the latest update to the Android ecosystem on Nexus 6. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Get Nexus 6 Android 5.1 Lollipop. Let’s begin!
If you can’t wait for the OTA to arrive from Google (as it sounds like you can’t). And simply you must have the Android 5.1 update on your Nexus 6 this very quickly, I will walk you through it. It is a super simple procedure. You guys just have to follow my guide on how to get Android Lollipop on the Nexus 6. Now with the very recent and latest factory image: LMY47I.
Note: If you Flash a factory image restores your phone to its factory condition: that is. It will wipe all of your applications and data in the process. So you have to make sure you have a full backup of everything important to you or be happy to remove everything and start fresh before proceeding it.
- Download ADB Tools and then unpack the zip file
- Download the Android 5.1 factory image for Nexus 6 (”Shamu” – LMY47I). Save to the ADB Tools folder and unpack it too
- An unlocked bootloader – if you need help, then follow our guide on how to unlock your bootloader (the tutorial is for the Nexus 5 but it works for all Nexus devices)
- USB Debugging enabled (instructions included in bootloader unlock tutorial linked above)
- Also, make sure you have the correct drivers installed on your computer.
Android 5.1 Lollipop
- First, you have to turn off your Nexus 6.
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until you enter the Fastboot screen.
- Now grab your USB cable and plug your Nexus 6 into your computer.
- Navigate to the ADB Tools folder where you unpacked the factory image earlier. You want to make sure the firmware files live in the same place as adb.exe and fastboot.exe. If they do not, move them there.
- Then double click the flash-all.bat file and let it do its thing. (if you get a missing system.img message, see troubleshooting below for step-by-step instructions).
- Your Nexus 6 will reboot and start up with Android 5.1 Lollipop.
It is not a bad idea to go to Recovery Mode and remove the cache partition and erase data or factory reset. Before restoring all your applications and data as this simple step clears up a lot of the teething problems. That mostly occurs after an update.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you like this nexus 6 android 5.1 article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!