Not every user download Netflix for enjoying video streaming services. Like most of the users prefer Amazon Prime over Netflix paid subscriptions because of various certain reasons. Well, if you are one among them who do not use Netflix and have Amazon Prime Video rather then you are actually catching the right story. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Install Prime Video App for Windows 10. Let’s begin!
Though Prime Video forms the second part of the Amazon Prime package. However, if you do not own Prime, then you can simply purchase Prime Video as a standalone subscription for yourself. This blog actually guides you on how you can install the amazon prime video app for windows easily yet effectively.
Amazon Prime Video is available for a range of devices such as phones, tablets, games consoles, Blu-ray players, and even smart TVs as well. In fact, Amazon’s many Fire TV products also offer video services, and here we will check how to install and access the Amazon Prime Video on Windows.
Also, you get the download advantage such as other web or app services. This actually means that you can download Amazon Prime videos to an iOS or Android mobile device. Furthermore, you can also get the option to install the amazon prime video app for Windows, macOS, and maybe even Linux as well. But unfortunately, this fact is not true even.
As if there is actually no legal way to download Amazon Prime videos to your computer, so it becomes important to install amazon prime video app for windows. you just have to walk through the complete process step by step that we will discuss in the next section.
Prime Video app for windows 10
Users can easily stream unlimited video content from Amazon however, there is simply no way to download and watch them from local drive. This is because of the fact of Digital Rights Management (DRM), which Amazon has been using to protect and secure its media downloads. Subsequently, the purchased Amazon videos cannot be downloaded to a PC drive or folder as well.
In regard to that Amazon has launched its web application for its purchasing portal and a music application for Windows 10 system users as well. Along with the power of progressive web applications, it has now become simple to install the amazon prime video app for windows 10.
Amazon Prime Video app for Windows 10 is now also available to download through the Microsoft Store. Just follow the list of features of the new Amazon Prime Video app for Windows 10:
- Download videos in order to watch offline – anywhere, anytime
- Rent or buy thousands of titles that includes new release movies, popular TV shows, and much more
- Along with Prime Video Channels, Prime members can subscribe to more than 150 premium and specialty channels such as HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Cinemax also.
- Only pay for the channels that actually you want, no cable required, cancel anytime
- With X-Ray, view IMDb information about the actors, songs, and also trivia for videos as you stream.
You can download Amazon Prime Video for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store when it is available for you.
Download Prime Video as a PWA
Amazon has also released now a web application for its shopping portal and a music app for Windows 10. With the power of Progressive Web Apps, we can now also install the Amazon Prime Video app on Windows 10.
Download Prime Video app on Windows 10
The Amazon Prime Video application on Windows 10 that can be installed and used in the best possible experience. You can do this by using only the new Microsoft Edge browser based on Chromium.
- First, open the Amazon Prime Video website on the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser.
- When the website loads, choose the menu button on the top right corner denoted by three horizontal dots.
- Then choose the Apps > Install this site as an app.
- It will then install the Amazon Prime Video website as an application with a XAML shell on your Windows 10 computer.
- You will also find an entry for it in the All apps list in the Start Menu. If needed, you can create a shortcut for it on the desktop, pin it to the taskbar or pin a live tile.
It is worth noting that this app won’t actually work offline, unlike its Android and iOS counterparts.
This is the default procedure in order to install a website. As a Progressive web application on the new Microsoft Edge browser that is based on Chromium.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this prime video app for windows 10 article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Fix if Cortana not Working – Tutorial