The AT&T Galaxy S5 Active got an OTA update with “Reactivation lock upgrades” and “Android security enhancements” about seven days back with build number G870AbUCU2BOF2. What’s more, similar to the case with all security updates on Samsung gadgets, this one accompanies an updated bootloader, and subsequently likewise breaks root access on the gadget.
The updated bootloader secures you from any minimization choice to return to 5.0 OC5 fabricate if need be. In any case, fortunately, it’s conceivable to update your AT&T S5 Active to the most recent OF2 work without overhauling the bootloader and furthermore keep root get to while doing that.
Designer muniz_ri over at XDA has created pre-rooted stock OF2 ROM for the AT&T S5 Active which you can without much of a stretch flash by means of TWRP recovery or FlashFire.
For those of you who haven’t stumbled the Knox counter yet on their AT&T S5 dynamic, installing the ROM through FlashFire would be the most ideal approach to keep the root and the Knox counter immaculate.
We’ll direct you through the FlashFire method for installing the pre-rooted OF2 ROM in the steps beneath.
Also See: How to Install Cyanogen Recovery on Galaxy S6 G920S
How to Keep Root and Update AT&T S5 Active
Download and transfer the G870A_OF2_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip from the link above to your AT&T S5 Active G870A.
- Install FlashFire beta app from the Play Store. For this, join the app’s Google+ people group first to get into the beta program, become an analyzer and after that, at last, have the option to download/install the app from Play Store.
- Open FlashFire app, Grant it roots to access and Agrees to its disclaimer note.
- Now tap on the + skimming symbol on the FlashFire app » select “Flash ZIP or OTA” from there and after that select the G870A_OF2_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip rom file that we transferred to the gadget in Step 1 above.
- Keep “Auto-mount” checkbox unchecked under the “Choices” menu and tap the privilege checkmark on the upper right corner of spring up the screen.
- Now from the fundamental menu, make a point to uncheck all alternatives under the “EverRoot” choice and set “Reboot” choice to “Download” (Do this just if you’re NOT running the OC5 fabricate as of now). In any case, if you’re as of now on OC5 Lollipop, then leave “Reboot” choice to “Typical” as it were.
- Now tap the + symbol once more, select “Wipe” » tick the “Dalvik Cache” and “Cache partition” checkboxes and untick/uncheck the various checkboxes on the screen, then tap the privilege checkmark on the upper right corner.
- What’s more, now at long last hit the Flash button on the base of the screen to start flashing.
- Once FlashFire is finished flashing, it’ll reboot your gadget. Now if you chose reboot ordinary in Step 6 above, then that implies you have the OC5 bootloader installed and subsequently your device will essentially reboot with the OF2 ROM with no issues. Be that as it may, if you chose the Reboot choice to download in Step 6, then your device will reboot to Download mode and now you have to flash the OC5 bootloader using Odin. Get a PC.
- Flash the OC5 bootloader you downloaded above by means of Odin 3.10.6 now, use the AP opening for flashing the bootloader. If you need assistance with Odin, look at this guide here.
- Just saying it once more, flashing OC5 bootloader is just important if your AT&T S5 Active isn’t as of now on Lollipop 5.0 OC5 manufacture. If your gadget is as of now on Lollipop OC5, then simply reboot your device. No compelling reason to flash the bootloader through Odin.
That’s it in a nutshell. Expectation the directions above helped you update your AT&T S5 to OF2 update with root and minimization ability
Leave a Reply