You have probably, at one point or another, Googled how you can open someone’s snap without even notifying them. This is because as soon as you guys view a person’s snap, Snapchat sends them a notification that the snap was opened and along with the time it was viewed. So if you’re looking to see a snap without the other person finding out, you’ve come to the right place as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Open a Snap Without Them Knowing. Let’s begin!
- 1 How to Open a Snap Without Them Knowing
How to Open a Snap Without Them Knowing
Is it even possible? Yes! There is actually a way. One way. It is difficult to achieve this, as Snapchat sends out the signal that the snap has been viewed, as soon as you open it. It does not wait for you in order to finish viewing it, or close the snap. The second you click on a snap to open it, Snapchat sends out the signal to let the other user know that you have opened their snap as well.
To open a snap without even the other person knowing, follow this simple guide.
- First, open the Snapchat app, and swipe right in order to reach your chats page. You have to open the app in order to allow the sent snap to load.
- Do not open the snap just yet. Now swipe down from the notification panel and turn on your Flight mode. Wait for a few seconds in order to make sure all your network connections are disabled. Now open the snap that you guys want to view.
- When you have viewed it, close the app and head to your device settings. Under Apps > Snapchat, choose ‘Uninstall’.
- Now that the app is uninstalled, then you can go ahead and turn off Airplane mode on your device as well. Now download the app from your App store (Android | iOS) and then log in with your credentials.
- You should see the snap that you viewed offline still marked unread as well.
Yes, it’s too much to do in order to view just one snap without letting the other person know. However, if it’s important for you, then this is the best way to do this right now. Because other methods no longer trick Snapchat’s AI. Read on to find what traditional methods do not work anymore below as well.
How to view a message without even the other person knowing
- If it messages that you’re trying to read, then that’s a little less complicated. While the above method definitely works for messages too, there is also an easier way, if you’re ok with reading 3/4th of the message as well.
- In order to view a message without the other person knowing, open the Snapchat app and then swipe right to the chats page.
- Now, position your finger over the Bitmoji avatar of the person whose chat message that you would like to read. Just do not tap yet.
- Now click and swipe right slowly, that reveals the conversation of the user. Be careful so as not to swipe to the edge of the screen as well. Only swipe about 3/4 of the screen actually. If you guys reach the edge, the other person will receive a read notification as well.
What does not work | how to open a snap
We did a lot of research before finally figuring out the only way in order to view a snap without notifying the other person as well. Here are two of the most common ‘hacks’ mentioned online that no longer work now, have a look.
Turning on Airplane mode and clearing your cache does not work
The internet abounds along with this hack. Maybe this did work at some point, however, here in 2021, this gives us no results actually. It just looks like Snapchat has smartened up about this hack and at some point fixed it as well.
We also tried turning on Airplane mode and viewing the snap. Then clear the cache (both from the Snapchat app, as well as from Device Settings > Apps > Snapchat) as well. However, when we turn off Airplane mode, the other user still got notified that the snap was opened as well.
Peeking does not work for snaps
Peeking is basically the term used to view messages without even letting the other person know you read them. But, while this method works pretty well with messages. There is no way to peek at a snap or to open a snap partially as well. Clicking on a snap immediately sends a notification to the other user as well.
Do third-party apps work?
No, they actually do not. While there are a number of sketchy third-party apps that also claim they can also let you open a snap without even the other person finding out, that there really is no such way for them to do that.
You guys should also be wary about apps that may ask you to input your credentials as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!