Well, zoom has lately been on the rise and is widely used among organizations, educational institutions, and also casual users. In order to communicate with their community. The service has a slew of functionalities, one of which is the ability to record ongoing meetings as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Record Zoom Meeting Without Permission. Let’s begin!
If you guys are a host or a participant of a meeting where recording is enabled. Then you can record meetings on Zoom directly from the desktop app. The ‘Record’ option is also present inside the meeting screen on the right side of ‘Chat’. And both participants and hosts will actually have the functionality relying upon the meeting settings.
But, Zoom restricts the recording of meetings that have been disabled via the host. If you guys are a participant in a meeting that cannot be recorded. Then you can still be able to record the session with audio via following the guide below.
Kindly note that Zoom has a recording option of its own in order to let you record any meeting you want. However, if the host of the meeting has disabled it, or also has not enabled it in the first place. Or has forbidden anyone from recording a meeting, then there this page has workaround guides for these scenarios as well.
So, are not a host, however, a participant of a meeting and the recording feature is not enabled for you. Then you can also use the tricks given below to record a meeting through using screen recorder software on your PC. We also have covered separate guides for Zoom meetings held on Zoom Web (on browser app) and Zoom Desktop client (PC app) as well.
So, briefly put, if the recording is enabled via the host for you, then you can simply tap on the Record button in your Zoom meeting interface (step-by-step guide). In order to record a meeting and won’t need the detailed setups given below. On the other hand, if the recording option is not available for you, then you can use the tricks given below for Web and Desktop clients to force record a meeting as well.
Recover Zoom meeting without permission on Web
If you guys want to record a Zoom meeting on the web without even downloading desktop software. Then you can use Apowersoft’s Free Online Screen Recorder tool to do that. We’re using this tool because it doesn’t take a toll on your processes as it runs over the web and doesn’t have you sign in to use the service.
- First of all, open the Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder page on your web browser.
- When the page loads up, tap on ‘Start recording’ and then ‘Download Launcher’.
Clicking this will prompt you that an online launcher needs to be installed on your PC in order to enable the Screen Recorder to work.
- Just download and install the launcher app on your PC via opening the file and installing it as per the instructions on the screen.
- Now on the Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder page, tap on ‘Start recording’ again. This will then open the screen recorder on the screen.
- Just open the Zoom app and join a meeting.
- Now choose the specific window that the recorder needs to record. In order to do that, tap on the Frame icon on the recorder toolbar and choose the Zoom meeting screen to select the recording area. You can now manually drag the edges of the recorder to choose your own recording screen.
- (Optional): You guys can modify other recording settings such as video and audio quality, frame rate, bitrate, video format, keyboard shortcuts, mouse styles, and much more. You can also do that via tapping on the 3-dot icon on the recorder toolbar and selecting Settings.
You guys will then get the General and Recording tabs in order to configure the recorder the way you want.
- Now check if the audio source is set to ‘System sound and microphone’ after tapping on the microphone icon on the toolbar.
- Tap on the red ‘REC’ button on the recorder toolbar in order to start recording and press ‘Confirm’ when prompted for confirmation. This will start recording your meeting session as well.
- When the meeting is done, then you can stop the recording via tapping on the Stop button. You guys can then save the recording as a video file or GIF and directly share it to Youtube, Vimeo, Google Drive, or Dropbox as well.
That’s it! If you want to record another meeting session, all you have to do is open the Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder page and tap on ‘Start Recording’ to hit the ground running. This will directly pop up the screen recorder without it needing to be installed all over again actually.
Recover Zoom meeting without permission on the desktop client
If you want to use third-party screen recorder software on your Desktop. In order to record a Zoom meeting without permission, then you can follow the guide below to do that.
For the following guide, we’re also using ApowerREC on Mac and Windows in order to record a Zoom meeting which is available for free. If you’re willing to spend a little extra, then you can also install Bandicam and Camtasia to record meetings without even any restrictions.
- Download and install the ApowerREC app on your Windows or Mac computer. Give it important permissions such as access to the contents of your screen and the microphone.
- Then open the Zoom app and join a meeting.
- Open ApowerREC on your PC as well.
- Choose the Zoom meeting window on ApowerREC so that the latter is able to map the screen area of the meeting. You can do that through clicking the Custom tile on the recorder and dragging the cursor from one corner to the other of the meeting window as well. Just leave some extra space so that no part of the meeting window crops out.
- ApowerREC further permits you to modify other recording settings. Such as video and audio quality, frame rate, bitrate, video format, keyboard shortcuts, mouse styles, output folder, Autostop, and much more. You can do that via clicking the More icon at the top right corner. Choosing ‘Settings’ and making the important changes inside the Settings window.
- In order to record your sound as well as the sound of many other participants. Then you guys will have to select the ‘System sound and microphone’ option. After you click on the Speaker icon on the recorder window.
- (Optional): You guys can also set the ApowerREC app in order to stop the recording automatically after a certain period as well. This can be really helpful in the case of Zoom free accounts. As the maximum time allowed in one meeting session is 40 minutes as well.
In order to turn on Auto stop, tap on the Auto-Stop option on the recorder window. Now check the box adjacent to ‘Enable Auto Stop’, set a time limit or file size after which the recording will stop automatically, and then tap on ‘Ok’.
Now you are all set in order to start the recording.
- Start the recording via tapping the red ‘REC’ button on the window. Whenever the recording starts, a floating toolbar will appear on the screen showing the time along with options. In order to pause/resume, take screenshots, Zoom, and annotate on the recording window as well.
- Tap on the red button on the floating toolbar in order to end a recording session.
When you ends a recording, a list of all your recordings will be shown on the ApowerREC app. There you will be able to upload it to YouTube, FTP, and many other platforms, delete or locate them on your PC as well.
Alternative Zoom recording software
- For a Zoom meeting on the web, then you can use the Chrome extensions such as Loom and BombBomb
- And for a Zoom meeting on Desktop client, you guys can use paid options. Such as Bandicam and Camtasia to record meetings without any restrictions.
Recording Zoom meeting on Phone
Just the same as the desktop screen recorder software above, then you can use the screen recorder apps on your phone too to record a Zoom meeting without any permission. Here’s our list of best apps in order to record screen on Android:
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “how to record zoom meeting without permission” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!