Whether you bought the new AirPods 2 or if you had the previous ones, you must learn to use them correctly. There are small tricks and tips to maintain the good condition of the headphones and take care of your battery. And is that, for many hours of use promised by Apple, it is still a device with tiny and delicate components. It is normal that, over time, the battery lasts less and we have to connect the AirPods case to the charger more frequently. Let’s see below some tricks and tips to take care of the battery and use them correctly.
AirPods: What are you doing wrong?
It does not matter if you have the wireless charging case or the normal one. In any case, take care of the battery of your Airpods and use them following Apple’s instructions is not an option. If you do not do it correctly, you may notice problems with battery, operation and long-term synchronization. Taking into account that it is an accessory that costs more than € 179, it is better to be informed and take care of it. Let’s see what many do wrong and harms the life of the device.
- Leave the AirPods out of the case. They will be continuously looking to connect to your iPhone and running. Your battery will run out quickly and you will not rest. If you are not going to use them, keep them in your box. Thus, they will be charged and protected at all times.
- Open and close the case unnecessarily. When we do it, the Bluetooth will activate and it will try to connect with a device. Playing with the box can download the battery.
- Beware of heat (or cold). Like any electronic device, an extreme temperature can damage the battery. Especially in spring and summer, avoid leaving the carrying case in the sun.
- Play music at full volume. It’s not healthy for your ears, not for AirPods either. The more power, the more energy will be needed. Find the middle point and comfortable for you.
- Making calls consumes a lot of battery. They are very comfortable for this, but they will eat the battery in the blink of an eye.
How long should the battery of my AirPods last?
Apple promises up to 24 hours of battery. It refers to the case. Each headset offers between 4 and 5 hours of continuous use listening to music or podcasts. In the case of calls, those 24 hours can be reduced to 11 hours. If your AirPods are less than 2 years old and the battery life is drastically reduced, go to Apple’s technical service for a review.
And you Did you know these tricks to take care of AirPods and their battery?