How to Identify Font in an Irregular Image
There are a few times when you will find an irregular image somewhere that has some content on it, yet not be sure which font was used on the photo. Identifying fonts on an image is an incredibly helpful trick that everyone should know. This has a great deal of uses such as allowing you to find and download a font that you completely love, which was used in a picture. On the other hand, you may have found an image online and want to make one of your own with a similar font. From designers to memers, everyone will find it useful to identify fonts on images. Luckily it’s not that hard to do this.
How to Identify Fonts in an Image
Follow these steps to identify fonts on any image.
- Download the photo or copy the URL where the photo is hosted.
- Go to the Font Squirrel site.
- Click Upload image if you have the photo on your computer. If not, click an image URL and paste the URL.
- Now crop the image to highlight the text on the image. Essentially just drag the blue borders so that the box covers just the text on the image.
- Now click Matcherate It.
- You will see a bunch of options below the image. You can select the correct font and either download or purchase it from the websites mentioned there. Select Font Squirrel below the image to see only free fonts.
How to Identify Fonts in an Image Using Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop has a neat tool that lets you identify fonts in an image. Follow these steps.
- Download the image where you’ve seen the font you want to identify.
- Open Adobe Photoshop on your computer and open the image using the app.
- Use the Rectangular marquee tool (you can access this by pressing M) and draw a rectangle around the font you want to identify.
- Now from the toolbar select Type > Match Font.
- You can now either pick from the fonts already installed on your computer or download matching ones from the Web.
Leave a Reply